Options

My "Bird" Walk:yesterday

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited December 12, 2004 in Wildlife
I had to walk the dogs, and incidentally found me some birds. Not as dramatic, but fun. Many more than in the summer. My dogs wouldn't chase them. I had to do it. ginger

12600853-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    See the Alhinga,or something, can't find the spelling, but otherwise known as the snake bird. I have never seen one of those in the ocean before, but then again, I didn't use to take morning walks.

(Note that the coast is turning the "brown" color of winter)

I didn't have my long lens on, had my versatile 28-135, so as not to miss the dogs, but I like this bird in context. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, thought maybe it was a dolphin as I had to wait for it to come back up. g
    12601256-L.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    Hi Ginger
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I had to walk the dogs, and incidentally found me some birds. Not as dramatic, but fun. Many more than in the summer. My dogs wouldn't chase them. I had to do it. ginger

12600853-L.jpg
    This one is "wall worthy". Just a beautiful shot.

Harry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    another good one
    This second pic is nicely composed also. I think the bird in question is a cormorant. It has about the same body length of an anhinga but its bill is slightly shorter and has a slight hook at its tip. Both are excellent swimmers.

Harry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    Pleasing compositon!
    Perhaps a tad on the bright side but pleasing nonetheless.