WARNING! BAD Problem with Pricing Tool and Discounts!!!

DTMPhotosDTMPhotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited October 18, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
All - Below is a summary of a problem I discovered today...If you have any galleries that had existing pricing that you later applied a "discount" percentage to AND there were items you were preventing from being ordered through the $0.00 approach, it appears that the discout was converting these to "blank" which re-enables ordering (but at the default price level). John at SM is working but given the holiday season, some of you may have applied discounts and need to recheck your price tables.

Here's my email to John:
Folks we have a BAD problem with the pro pricing…

This problem below happened because of the following (and I just tried it again to validate):

1)I have a pricing file for these images that does $0 against most print sizes to limit possible print sizes (so no overcropping occurs).

2)After 11 months, I reduce all prints prices by 20% as a last minute incentive (I pull these offline after 12 months).

3)IF YOU DO THIS against a gallery that has $0’s against certain print sizes (apply a 20% reduction) regardless if you choose “all products” or “filled” or “not default” (basically anything I tried), the tool takes anything that has a “$0.00” (blocking printing of that size) and coverts it to “ “ (blank) which not only enables printing but WORSE enables default pricing. Now fortunately I have my portfolio pricing set at $.01 so I can see every order and watch for these sorts of things.

This is a change and this is VERY bad. Not only am I risking having this order below for sizes that will not fit the crops but those orders could occur at a $.01 profit.

Derek

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Thanks. It works for a percentual increase aswell. For now, if you want to make sure that it doesn't affect you, when increasing or decreasing prices, select all prices greater than 0, instead of all prices thumb.gif Always check all the prices before you save it aswell, in this situation, or any other.