Options

Placing images into posts???

kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
edited October 20, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
Good Day

I have read this entire post that Harry suggested to include photos into posts.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=8401

I use either Safari of Firefox, neither seem to work. The instructions sound simple enough...."control" click the image in my smugmug gallery to get the images address and place it in the post. I have ext. links turned on in my gallery, and still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Help please, shane

Comments

• Options
    kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2006
    Good Day

I have read this entire post that Harry suggested to include photos into posts.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=8401

I use either Safari of Firefox, neither seem to work. The instructions sound simple enough...."control" click the image in my smugmug gallery to get the images address and place it in the post. I have ext. links turned on in my gallery, and still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Help please, shane

I think I may have just figured it out. The "protected" option in gallery customization needs to be turned off. So this brings up a different question. I have all my galleries "protected", is this necessary? What are the advantages if I only have medium jpgs available?

thanks shane
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 20, 2006
    I think I may have just figured it out. The "protected" option in gallery customization needs to be turned off. So this brings up a different question. I have all my galleries "protected", is this necessary? What are the advantages if I only have medium jpgs available?

thanks shane

Shane,
    Right-click protect is sort of like having a locked gate. People can hop over the gate, but can't easily open it. So while it really doesn't offer much protection, it will deter the casual image thief. Posting lower resolution images is the best idea. Nothing larger than say 800ppi on the long side. Smaller is even better.

The drawback to doing this is if someone wants to order prints (if you are selling), they will be limited to smaller size choices. If the image is too low res, all they will be able to order is wallet-size rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero