The LEICA D VARIO-ELMARIT 14-50mm/F2.8-3.5 ASPH.

SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
edited October 24, 2006 in Cameras
I am a NIKON shooter and have always shot with Nikon lenses. However I was wondering if anyone has every interchanged lenses using a NIKON camera? Also what lenses are compatible with NIKON - I don't want to hurt my baby by switching lenses. I found this lense (The LEICA D VARIO-ELMARIT 14-50mm/F2.8-3.5 ASPH.) to be extremely interesting.

I need an expert on this please.

:scratch

Seneca

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited October 19, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    I am a NIKON shooter and have always shot with Nikon lenses. However I was wondering if anyone has every interchanged lenses using a NIKON camera? Also what lenses are compatible with NIKON - I don't want to hurt my baby by switching lenses. I found this lense (The LEICA D VARIO-ELMARIT 14-50mm/F2.8-3.5 ASPH.) to be extremely interesting.

I need an expert on this please.

headscratch.gif

Seneca

I don't believe there is any chance of mounting this lens on any Nikon body. It appears that the lens was developed specifically for the 4/3rds system cameras, and specifically the Panasonic Lumix line, like the Panasonic L1 and L1K. It may also be compatible with the Olympus line of dSLRs.

The closest thing I could find in Nikon land is the Nikkor AF-S 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR, followed by the Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm VR II.

Other than Sigma, Tamron and Tokina, non-Nikkor lenses include the new Zeiss ZF manual lenses with high quality and high prices to match.

That do it for you?

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2006
    Thanks Ziggy - yes you'e answered my question. Thanks so much!thumb.gif
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    Hi Seneca

Ziggy's correct about the leica D14-50 - its 4/3rd only, so if you had an Olympus E series DSLR you'd be ok to use it - although you won;t be able to use the aperture ring or get Mode 2 IS (only Mode 1 which is on all the time or off). I'm planning on getting the Leica D for my E1 - from what I've seen its shaper wide open than the ZD 14-54 and theres always the benefit of OIS and did I mention its very pretty ???!!

Cheers

HarjTT

thumb.gifD