Options

Appropriate size for posting

sgrottasgrotta Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited October 24, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
If I want clients to be able to order large prints -- up to the largest available on smugmug -- what size image files should I be posting?

Thanks, Sally

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2006
    sgrotta wrote:
    If I want clients to be able to order large prints -- up to the largest available on smugmug -- what size image files should I be posting?

Thanks, Sally

Hi Sally,

Please look here for our MINIMUM resolutions. I recommend you post the largest possible.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality#minprintres
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    Thanks
    Those numbers look awfully low, but I'll trust it for now. When I have time, I'll order some prints to check it out and let you know what I think.

Thanks, Sally
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    Print size not available for large file
    I have made my pictures at least 1280x1920, so my clients can order up to 30x40 prints. However, when I look at the sizes available in the shopping cart, I see only up to 24x36.

Am I reading the chart wrong, doing something else totally wrong, or does it have to do with problems with the software not recognizing portrait versus landscape sizes?

This relates to my WordsmithsProject.com site. At present, the larger files are only in the editors gallery.

Thanks, Sally
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 24, 2006
    sgrotta wrote:
    Those numbers look awfully low, but I'll trust it for now. When I have time, I'll order some prints to check it out and let you know what I think.

Thanks, Sally

Hello Sally wave.gif

Yep, those numbers not only look low, they are low. They are the recommended minimums. I'd even go so far as to say, the "bare " minimums.

As Andy mentions, if you can, load up the full sized image. This will give your customers more print size options. It never hurts to include a few extra pixels mwink.gif Plus, you will always have your full sized (high-res) images safely archived on Smugmug thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    Can smugmug handle the kind of sizes I get from my DSLR -=- up to about 30MB each?

Sally
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    sgrotta wrote:
    Those numbers look awfully low

N.B. the word, "minimum" :D
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    sgrotta wrote:
    Can smugmug handle the kind of sizes I get from my DSLR -=- up to about 30MB each?

Sally
    Hi Sally, please elaborate, make/model of DSLR, and then your workflow to make a 30mb file.

You can upload 16mb files as a pro on SmugMug. We'll help.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    Actually, my workflow varies with each picture. (You should see the enormous size of some of my layered pictures, when they are works in progress.) But I can JPEG at high quality and get them under 16MB. That should work.

Thanks, Sally
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    sgrotta wrote:
    I have made my pictures at least 1280x1920, so my clients can order up to 30x40 prints. However, when I look at the sizes available in the shopping cart, I see only up to 24x36.

Am I reading the chart wrong, doing something else totally wrong, or does it have to do with problems with the software not recognizing portrait versus landscape sizes?

This relates to my WordsmithsProject.com site. At present, the larger files are only in the editors gallery.

Thanks, Sally
    Sally, look under "other prints" 30x40 is there :D
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2006
    Okay. I see it now.

Thanks, yet again, Sally