Options

Price ? on XT

t-revt-rev Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited October 25, 2006 in House of Canon
I've got my Digital Rebel XT (Silver) w/ standard lens kit listed online. It includes

Camera Body
Lens
Targus Camera Bag
256 MB CF Card
Canon Software
Charger and all cables
Canon Digital Rebel book from Barnes and Noble.

The camera is a little more than 2 months old, I'm asking $700. I've got a few people interested but wondering if the price is a little high? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 23, 2006
    I haven't seen you list it here, have I?

I'll answer your question like this: If no one has nibbled, there's a very good chance you're high. The XT is not a new camera, and there have been more than a few rebate deals going on at Dell and other big clearing houses.

If the item is worth a price that is too high for the market to support, just means its too valuable to you, and you should just keep it.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    t-revt-rev Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    I haven't it posted it hear yet, posted it on Craigslist to try and keep it local. I had one guy look at it tonight, seems interested. Wants to meet at a camera shop tomorrow night to have them check it out. If it checks out fine, which it should I think he's gonna buy. Maybe I'll drop it to $650 if he doesn't follow through.
  • Options
    LardogLardog Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    If you can sell your used XT for $700, more power to you. That is a pretty high priced, considering one can get a brand new one for less, or, the newer XTi for about that price, or very close to it.

I'll be listing mine as soon as I get my 30D, which will include kit lens and other additional items, for around $550.