Options

Payment Question

nelsonphotonelsonphoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 26, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I had a customer approach me today wanting to know if they can order without putting their cc number "out there" on the internet. They have a cart full of photos but want to call in the cc number and not put it on the internet.

Is this possible? If so how.

Thank you

Cheryl Nelson

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2006
    Credit Card Security
    I had a customer approach me today wanting to know if they can order without putting their cc number "out there" on the internet. They have a cart full of photos but want to call in the cc number and not put it on the internet.

Thank you

Cheryl Nelson
    I'm sorry, it's not possible. Please tell your customer that, our cart is secure, and that we are a secure site.

There's more here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=239701#post239701

PS: wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin!
  • Options
    DTMPhotosDTMPhotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Customer CC workaround

Out of 100's of orders, I've only had two customers REALLY REALLY not want to do this. (I've actually had customers who were willing to give me their CC number over the phone and then I put it into the SM order form...Not sure how they figured that was more secure!)...

Anyway, in those two cases, I agreed to have them mail me a check, I cashed the check, and once it cleared THEN I placed the order using my own card (but their shipping info). Not exactly a very timely route and definately not one I'd like to do very often but it did result in a happy customer...

D.
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    DTMPhotos wrote:
    Out of 100's of orders, I've only had two customers REALLY REALLY not want to do this. (I've actually had customers who were willing to give me their CC number over the phone and then I put it into the SM order form...Not sure how they figured that was more secure!)...

Anyway, in those two cases, I agreed to have them mail me a check, I cashed the check, and once it cleared THEN I placed the order using my own card (but their shipping info). Not exactly a very timely route and definately not one I'd like to do very often but it did result in a happy customer...

D.
    Thanks for passing that tip along! thumb.gif We actually get people that want us to enter their credit card into SmugMug to sign up, order prints, etc. It's not more secure, but it makes them feel better about the whole thing.

-Anne
  • Options
    TetsuoTetsuo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2006
    To expand on this a little: Any plans for PayPal support? (I'd like to see that work both ways, mind - both from customers to Smugmug and Smugmug to me. :) )
  • Options
    j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    I dunno about the Paypal option, unless all their fee's went somewhere else and not out of my pocket. Especially if it's a larger order. The bite they (paypal) take is just too much for my liking.

Tetsuo wrote:
    To expand on this a little: Any plans for PayPal support? (I'd like to see that work both ways, mind - both from customers to Smugmug and Smugmug to me. :) )