Options

SOLD: Sigma 70-210mm f/2.8 APO AF

graeme_7799graeme_7799 Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited October 26, 2006 in The Other Guys
You are bidding on a Sigma APO 70-210mm f/2.8 AF zoom lens to fit Minolta AF mount. It is the 82mm filter version, and therefore introduces no vignetting compared to the newer 77mm filter version of the 70-210mm f/2.8 - Some of the versions of this lens do not work on the new Minolta 5D or 7D digital SLR's but fortunately this one does! Tried and tested. Achieves a nice smooth and fast focus.

Soon I will also be listing a Sigma 2x APO EX teleconverter (also AF) that can go with this as a great accessory. Stunining pictures have been made even with the 2x converter.

Comes with original box (no instructions, sorry), lens hood and detachable and rotatable tripod collar.

Optical Condition: Beautiful optics, no coating marks, no fog/haze, no fungus, no scratches, only microscopic traces of internal dust (tested, and does not affect image quality).

Mechanical Condition: Focussing is silky smooth, zoom ring is smooth as well, aperture is clicking nicely and there is no oil on the blades either.

Cosmetic Condition: For those of you bidding on an item like this, you know cosmetic isn't a huge deal. On this lens, there are no dents, major scratches or significant flaws that would make it appear abused. This lens was used gingerly for wildlife mostly. There is slight brassing near the tripod collar and a tiny imperfection in the rubber ring between the focus and zoom rings. Overall I would rate the cosmetic condition very nice!

Payment: I prefer Paypal (like most eBayers) but will also accept money order and bank transfer. Buyer

Shipment: I am located in Canada. I can ship worldwide. Shipment methods I use: UPS, DHL, Fedex, postal service and Post Air Parcel. Item weighs approx. 2lbs.

Please e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns about the item and or shipping. I can also email you high resolution images of the lens if you need (contact me). Thanks for viewing!

Price: $400 USD or offers :):

Comments

• Options
    Hockey is LifeHockey is Life Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Did you get any offer for the lens? I was looking for a 2.8 but wanted a longer focal lenght. I shoot high scool football.

Let me know the minimum you would consider, shipping will be to Atlanta, GA so from Canada that will cost a pretty penny.

Let me know via email, if you are still selling.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    anyone know of a mount or adapter possible to make this compatible with a canon 20D? I'm seriously in the market for a lens with this focal length & aperture. I'm guessing no but at that price i gotta ask.

lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 26, 2006
    Did you get any offer for the lens? I was looking for a 2.8 but wanted a longer focal lenght. I shoot high scool football.

Let me know the minimum you would consider, shipping will be to Atlanta, GA so from Canada that will cost a pretty penny.

Let me know via email, if you are still selling.
    original poster, graeme, hasn't posted on dgrin in over 4 months...
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:
    anyone know of a mount or adapter possible to make this compatible with a canon 20D? I'm seriously in the market for a lens with this focal length & aperture. I'm guessing no but at that price i gotta ask.

lynne
    don't waste your time - you can find lots of good canon-mount examples of this lens for less that it would cost you to cobble together an adapter that would never perform as well. Sigma 70-200 is popular.
    Erik

• Options
    DifferentSeedDifferentSeed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    PM Sent. :)
    Make a small loan, Make a big difference. Find out how at http://www.kiva.org
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    PM Sent. :)
    to who? about what?

I'm about to kill this thread... it's an OLD listing!
    Erik

• Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    Hehe, sorry.... a PM to the seller... and I just noticed the date on the original posting. From almost a month ago. Oh well... It wouldn't be a bad lens for someone with a Minolta... until I find a similar Minolta G lens somewhere under 1500 and not from a questionable ebayer in Hong Kong. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    Hehe, sorry.... a PM to the seller... and I just noticed the date on the original posting. From almost a month ago.
    Eh, wrong again - try 13 months ago! :D
    Erik

• Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    Okay, it's ~definately~ time for more coffee!!!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    Okay, it's ~definately~ time for more coffee!!!rolleyes1.gif
    or at least higher octane (good luck on the hunt for KM, though thumb.gif)
    Erik

• Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    Hehe, makes me almost want to jump ship (after only a few months) to Canon before I get too deep... hmm.. that's a whole other thread me thinks.