Options

new here ~ Jamie Thorpe

JamieJamie Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited February 17, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, I am really not new...been around for over a month or so? Just wanted to say hi and that I'm excited to learn a few things from you guys. You all seem awesome! I have a website at www.jamiethorpephotography.com but it is still in the works. Let me know if you have a problem so I can relay it to mydesigner.

Once again ~ nice being here. Oh, I have the D30, D60, and 10D. I really want the 1Ds!!!

Jamie

Comments

• Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2004
    Nice to meet you ,that is a beautiful web site you have there. The pictures you used in its design are exquisite.

Shakey
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2004
    Thanks Shakey!
    I have so much to learn still! But thank you!
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2004
    Welcome Jamie!
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2004
    Sweet. Great to have you here Jamie, join the fray. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2004
    Jamie wrote:
    Well, I am really not new...been around for over a month or so? Just wanted to say hi and that I'm excited to learn a few things from you guys. You all seem awesome! I have a website at www.jamiethorpephotography.com but it is still in the works. Let me know if you have a problem so I can relay it to mydesigner.

Once again ~ nice being here. Oh, I have the D30, D60, and 10D. I really want the 1Ds!!!

Jamie
    Lovely pages but a little slow to serve and with my T1 I know the speed was not on my end. The flash did not work with Mozilla Firefox on MacOSX 10.2.28 and I had to start up Mozilla 1.7a. Flash on other pages does work and I downloaded the latest player just to be sure. You might want to track that as the Firefox project will become Mozilla's main trunk anyday now.

My main comment though, besides how lovely the pages are, is that you need to test with a typical 44-48k dialup. More than 50% of the net is running on dialup and I don't think you want to throw away more than half of your potential customers.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2004
    nod.gif You know I agree with you about the dialup issue, cmr.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Lovely pages but a little slow to serve and with my T1 I know the speed was not on my end. The flash did not work with Mozilla Firefox on MacOSX 10.2.28 and I had to start up Mozilla 1.7a. Flash on other pages does work and I downloaded the latest player just to be sure. You might want to track that as the Firefox project will become Mozilla's main trunk anyday now.

My main comment though, besides how lovely the pages are, is that you need to test with a typical 44-48k dialup. More than 50% of the net is running on dialup and I don't think you want to throw away more than half of your potential customers.

Thanks everyone!

Charles ~ I am going to let my web designer read your comments. That's what he wants to hear. Cool you're on a Mac! So am I. Thanks for taking the time to comment.