Options

Quick snap of a nice friend

Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
edited December 15, 2004 in People
Hello again, folks!

This friend of mine... well, she was waiting for me, but she didn't expect I'd come pointing a camera at her! ;-)

When she realized that resistance was futile, I fired away!

Here's the result!

Hope you guys enjoy this portrait!

Take care!

-- thiago

PS: She really loved the picture, when I showed it to her on the next day!

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    Hey Thiago
    Always nice to see your work. Full face portraits can be diificult but you did a good job here.

Harry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    Hi Thiago,

Nice capture of a lovely young lady 2thumb.gif
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    lovely shot!!clap.gif I think I would have cropped it tighter but then I've learned to be a cropoholic in the forum..rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    thumb.gif Really nice, Thiago. I like the soft light, it's very flattering. And you have an attractive model with a nice smile. That's a very nice shot.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    Great portrait
    Thiago!
    Congratulations - very natural pose, 'natural' light - you know how I like using it - very impressive photoNot surprising, that she loved the photo!
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2004
    Thanks, people!
    Harry: nice to see you here too! :-)
    I'm glad you really liked this portrait. I'm doing exactly the same as Lynn: practicing, that's all...

John and Sid: Thanks so much! I'll definitely forward the compliments to her as well! :-)

Lynn: Hey hey! Like you on the other thread, I'm practicing too. It's just so fortunate that we can share the results. I'm also really glad you loved mine! As for the crop, I really haven't tried cropping yet, since I don't usually do it (only cropping I do is like this one, to fit the picture in an 8x10).

Yuri: Thanks so much for the kind words. You're definitely one of the culprits for my love of natural light. This kind of light seems to *invite* us to shoot, don't you think so? :-)

All of you, thanks so much again!
    Take care!

-- thiago