Options

"pro" suppliers for wedding albums, etc

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited October 30, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Where do you buy your albums? The ones with the thick, collage-type pages where sprayed images are placed, with no plastic "overlay". Also, who prints rounded-cornered wallets? I don't think EZ prints does, which is unfortunate.

Thanks!

lynne
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    check the back of SHUTTERBUG...or the middle...where they have the vendors listed....a couple of sources for albums is TAP, Wooden Nickel....there are lots....but a lot of the "PRO" labs print die cut wallets.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    check out albumsinc.com
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    bham wrote:
    check out albumsinc.com

thank you both very much! I did check them out and wow, they are pretty expensive even at wholesale...$70 for the album then $12 a page...ouch!

Really dumb question I'm sure but the sites aren't very helpful on how these items all fit together....do you need leaves AND mats? I can't figure out what the configuration of an end product is. thanks all

lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    Lynne, you aren't alone. I'm in the same boat having never put together an album. I finally said heck with it and I only offer printable coffey table style books.

I'm using www.asukabook.com

Scott

urbanaries wrote:
    thank you both very much! I did check them out and wow, they are pretty expensive even at wholesale...$70 for the album then $12 a page...ouch!

Really dumb question I'm sure but the sites aren't very helpful on how these items all fit together....do you need leaves AND mats? I can't figure out what the configuration of an end product is. thanks all

lynne
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    Lynne, you aren't alone. I'm in the same boat having never put together an album. I finally said heck with it and I only offer printable coffey table style books.

Scott

OMG, as a graphic designer, this is SO much better suited to my mentality.

THANK YOU SCOTT!

I can't wait to get my ID and start on one.

Lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    Lynne,

I personally think it's very cool alternative to the traditional albums. I've ordered from them and they are very nice. I'm happy with their products. Just keep in mind they are printed books so it took about 3-4 weeks to arrive.

They also offer a 50% discount on a studio copy. I'm working on mine now. I'll order they largest album they offer and keep it with me to win more business.

I know the ends and outs of building those so let me know if you need any assistance. Some of their instructions were too basic and not clear enough and I figured it all out.

They have templates in photoshop for your albums but I built mine in FotoFusion. Fotofusion has a page layout for Asuka.

Let me know if you have any questions.

photos@3rdplanetphotography.com

Scott

urbanaries wrote:
    OMG, as a graphic designer, this is SO much better suited to my mentality.

THANK YOU SCOTT!

I can't wait to get my ID and start on one.

Lynne
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:
    Lynne,

I personally think it's very cool alternative to the traditional albums. I've ordered from them and they are very nice. I'm happy with their products. Just keep in mind they are printed books so it took about 3-4 weeks to arrive.

They also offer a 50% discount on a studio copy. I'm working on mine now. I'll order they largest album they offer and keep it with me to win more business.

I know the ends and outs of building those so let me know if you need any assistance. Some of their instructions were too basic and not clear enough and I figured it all out.

They have templates in photoshop for your albums but I built mine in FotoFusion. Fotofusion has a page layout for Asuka.

Let me know if you have any questions.

photos@3rdplanetphotography.com

Scott

Scott, I do agree this is a great alternative, fits in so much better with a modern clientele sensibility. A big hi five to you, thanks so much for the advice. I will let you know if I have any issues! clap.gifclapclap.gif

And, for a saddle stitched custom book, 4 weeks is speedy in MY "book" rolleyes1.gif

lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    I use graphistudio and asuka books. Great stuff from both for two different types of client.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    Diane SDiane S Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:
    Also, who prints rounded-cornered wallets? I don't think EZ prints does, which is unfortunate.

www.WHCC.com prints their wallets with a rounded-corner. They use an 8x10 sheet and it makes 8 wallets.

I also use Asuka books.. and I love the quality. I ordered the EX 8x8 with the gloss finish and they are beautiful. I had fun desiging my studio portfolio copy, and it does impress the clients.

enjoy, Diane
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.dianeschafer.com

• Options
    AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    AsukaBooks seems very nice, plus I'm pretty sure there are not too much French customers there so I might look as an cool guy here :D
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • Options
    EVOgraphyEVOgraphy Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2006
    kc7dji wrote:

Scott

I checked out their site just now and I'm pretty impressed! Thanks for the tip, I signed up and I'm gonna throw together a studio book when I get some free time!