Options

Client can't view photos?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited October 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have a customer who is having trouble viewing the photos at http://davidson.smugmug.com/gallery/2061590
Is there some software needed (like java or something)? In the mean time I've asked him to try again and clear the cookies this time, and if that doesn't work to get back to me with operating system and internet browser.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Anybody? He says none of the photos load on the gallery for him.
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    I see 157 pictures in this Gallery: 10/21/06 Davidson v GA Southern
    Both with Firefox & IE6 winXP
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006

I just tried the gallery you linked to using Safari on Mac OS 10.4.8 and was able to view it with no problems. First thing that comes to mind would be he's behind a corporate firewall which could be blocking access to a majority of websites (with Smugmug being one of the blocked websites).

I hope this helps
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Yeah, I'm thinking corporate firewall too. He said he'll try the computer at home (he admitted to being computer illiterate, so I don't know what browser he's using but his son said it's definitley a PC that he uses at work. I didn't know they could selectively block the pictures and not the entire page though.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Yeah, I'm thinking corporate firewall too. He said he'll try the computer at home (he admitted to being computer illiterate, so I don't know what browser he's using but his son said it's definitley a PC that he uses at work. I didn't know they could selectively block the pictures and not the entire page though.
    Probably the case. Sorry, I've been out with my kid for a while, Happy Halloween!
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Probably the case. Sorry, I've been out with my kid for a while, Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween my eye. 2 papers to do this week, plus as 2500 photo backlog I told myself I wouldn't work on until I got my new fast computer but then I realized I don't have I choice they have to be done by Friday.11doh.gif
    To top it all off, I'm on some sort of a mac desktop right now (couldn't take my laptop any more, I've been on it 12 hours a day for the past few days so I went to the computer lab, all the PCs are in use, no mac is in use).
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    I'm on some sort of a mac desktop right now

Wow, your LUCKY DAY! lol3.gif
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Andy you're allowed time off you know. You don't have to be on duty 24/7. It's Halloween take the next few hours off and take your kid out tricker treating and let Barb and the other Smugmug staff and us the community take care of things.

Happy Halloween and get lots of photos of your tricker treating. :D
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Wow, your LUCKY DAY! lol3.gif

This has dual 1.8ghz g5's...I don't know how to read mac specs, how lucky a day is this?