Changing proof days via bulk settings?

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited October 31, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Okay, so I want to enable proof delay on all of my galleries, but I don't want to change other settings in those galleries. I was trying to figure out how to do this in bulk via searches here and in smugmug help, however I can't seem to find an answer.

It appears that bulk settings will make all galleries selected have the same settings for everything (except gallery title, description, keywords, category, subcategory, or theme). I only want to affect the proof days, nothing else. Can this be done via bulk settings or do I need to go into each gallery and customize individually?
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    Okay, so I want to enable proof delay on all of my galleries, but I don't want to change other settings in those galleries. I was trying to figure out how to do this in bulk via searches here and in smugmug help, however I can't seem to find an answer.

It appears that bulk settings will make all galleries selected have the same settings for everything (except gallery title, description, keywords, category, subcategory, or theme). I only want to affect the proof days, nothing else. Can this be done via bulk settings or do I need to go into each gallery and customize individually?
    Sure it works just fine :D

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Hmm, that was one of the help pages I read but cannot find any mention of bulk settings. I want to change "proof days" on all galleries but not change public, password, watermark, external links. etc. which are different in each of the galleries. What steps do I need to take to accomplish this?
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited October 30, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    Hmm, that was one of the help pages I read but cannot find any mention of bulk settings. I want to change "proof days" on all galleries but not change public, password, watermark, external links. etc. which are different in each of the galleries. What steps do I need to take to accomplish this?
    Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. You can have proof days as part of a template, yes, but you cannot set it once across all your galleries, or even a set of galleries. Sorry.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    One of the very few downsides of Smugmug is the poor UI design on the adminstration side... A couple of things I would like to see relating to category settings:

1) Bulk changes at the individual option level (i.e. to be able to bulk change proof days, etc.)
    2) Ability to print (display) a listing of all categories and their options (so we can make sure settings are as we think they are and we haven't forgotten to make a change to a gallery or two).

With that said, are either of these things doable via the API? I've got to take a look at what the API offers when I get some free time...
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2006
    I'd really like to see that listing of categories/galleries as well.

I'm curious if SmugBrowser will be able to do this once it is released. See
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=46098
    edited October 31, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    One of the very few downsides of Smugmug is the poor UI design on the adminstration side... A couple of things I would like to see relating to category settings:

1) Bulk changes at the individual option level (i.e. to be able to bulk change proof days, etc.)
    2) Ability to print (display) a listing of all categories and their options (so we can make sure settings are as we think they are and we haven't forgotten to make a change to a gallery or two).

With that said, are either of these things doable via the API? I've got to take a look at what the API offers when I get some free time...
    Some nice feature requests. I've made sure that Ben, our product manager, has seen these!