Options

DEAL: 2GB Sandisk 66X Extreme III Compact Flash Card $79.98

wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
edited November 1, 2006 in Flea Market
I found the 2GB Sandisk 66x Extreme III compact flash card at memoryTen for $79.98, free shipping on orders over $100. Here's a link (i hope it will work)

http://www.memoryx.net/sd2gb66xeiiisd.html

Dave

Comments

• Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    $3 cheaper after mail in rebate from BH Photo.
  • Options
    wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    $3 cheaper after mail in rebate from BH Photo.

good point. i did see that but i am leaving the country again (and live outside the USA) very shortly so the rebate didnt help and i think it was limited to only one card.
  • Options
    rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2006
    I just got a SanDisk Extreme III 4 Gig card brand new off ebay for $102 shipped.

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    dave2005dave2005 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2006
    I would be very careful buying a Sandisk CF from Ebay, 90% of them if not more are fake. If the price is too good to be true, probably is a fake one.

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-SanDisk-Extreme-Compact-Flash-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001456539

hopefully you were one of the lucky ones.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    rgbivens wrote:
    I just got a SanDisk Extreme III 4 Gig card brand new off ebay for $102 shipped.

-Grant

Who was the seller??

Hope yours is the real deal....

Have you registered it at San Disk....I got royally sc***ed from buying San Disk on ebay....be careful.....the best insurance now is too call San Disk Tech Support to check the s/n....they have seemed gald to do it for me.

Not Sure why is San Disk is the only (at least as far as I know) target forthis type of scam...might be their labes are the easiest to reproduce....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    Geeze, I just read through that Guide and thought I was in the clear until it talked about the writing on the side of the card. I guess mine is fake. :cry I guess I haven't even checked the actual size of the card. I'll do that.

What is bad is about having a 'fake' card. By that I mean my card seems to work just fine and it has the space I'm pretty sure but I'll check.

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    rgbivens wrote:
    Geeze, I just read through that Guide and thought I was in the clear until it talked about the writing on the side of the card. I guess mine is fake. :cry I guess I haven't even checked the actual size of the card. I'll do that.

What is bad is about having a 'fake' card. By that I mean my card seems to work just fine and it has the space I'm pretty sure but I'll check.

-Grant
    Some fakes appear to work fine & some are dogs...luck of the draw i believe. I refuse to buy cards from eBay any more because fake cards have become so prevalent. I believe something is only expensive if you have to buy it twice.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2006
    the thing that caught me was when I went to register at SD....I then notived that both cards had the same s/n....Hmmmm says I and to that called SD Tech supposrt and then called paypal and then registered my complaint on paypal....they did get my money back but he is back on ebay again....I really figured that he'd be permanetly banned.....oh well....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    You can buy a Transcend 4GB on Newegg for $89.99 everyday

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820208049

I bought 2 recently and know another Photographer that only uses Transcend cards.