THE VOTES ARE IN! "Flaunt It" gear competition winners here....

BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
edited November 17, 2006 in The Big Picture
Alright boys and girls, this is the moment you have all been waiting (too long) for!:andy :barb:andy

The original thread is here:
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=42711

The results are in. The voting is finalized. All the winners have been chosen, but none have been notified. Yet.

Because you have all been waiting SOOOOOO patiently :rolleyes, I am going to start from the honorable mentions and work my way up.:rofl

Are you ready for the first one?

:ear
Smug since 2003

Comments

• DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    ahahsdhsahadshashahasf;aksfasgask;gas yes
    http://www.derno.net
    Canon Rebel XT
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    did I win? did I win? :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 1, 2006
    Okay... so before I begin announcing, I just have to say that this is the worst part of the contests we run. I love giving out the prizes, but I hate breaking some people's hearts. To those who didn't win, don't give up hope... I will post more details later. clap.gif

There are a total of 5 honorable mention winners. Lets start with one at random.

This hilariously awesome shirt was designed by Tim Weaver (http://danielaweaver.smugmug.com/ )

107284440-M.jpg

Sure to be a big hit at photo geek gatherings, you will look hip and sexy wearing this in Glacier National Park at the next Dgrin shootout. thumb.gifclap.giflust:D
    Smug since 2003
    edited November 1, 2006
    Sometimes simple designs say it best.

Dee Golden shows her SmugMug love iloveyou.giflust with this heartwarming (pun intended) shirt, which nets her an Honorable Mention.

107285578-M.jpg

wings.gifclapwings.gif
    Smug since 2003
    edited November 1, 2006
    There were two Honorable Mention winners that we probably can't post on our gear store due to copyright issues, but we loved both of them enough that we are still awarding them Honorable Mention. thumb.gif

You won't ever see any SmugMug employees wearing these shirts.... no sir, not us. Uh huh. :nono:nono:bsblbl.gif

The first one is the Smuggy Pac-Man one from "Rhuarc".

107285666-M.jpg

Several gamer geeks (myself included) really thought this was awesome. PrimeTime insists this was the best design. :D
    Smug since 2003
    edited November 1, 2006
    Do I have anyone's attention, or should I just stop and wait until more people are around? rolleyes1.gifhide
    Smug since 2003
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Nooo! Keep going! clap.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    you will look hip and sexy wearing this in Glacier National Park at the next Dgrin shootout. thumb.gifclap.giflust:D

Harry Behret sexy?
    3349214-L.jpg
    :nah :nah

Need a lot more than a T-shirt lol3.gif
    edited November 1, 2006
    keep going, i just didnt wanna post between each one
    Canon Rebel XT
  • fotodojofotodojo Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Are you kidding keep going ! .. I have never refreshed a page that quickly in my life =) .. (Rabbit's life is spared btw =))
    edited November 1, 2006
    JenW wrote:
    Nooo! Keep going! clap.gif

Alrighty then!

The next of the "verboten" designs was created by Dgrin's resident cartoonist fotodojo.

It just goes to show you that SmugMug always keeps it classy. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes
    107284458-M.jpg

Because of the use of logos, I doubt we can actually put this in our gear store. But you miiiiiiiiiight just see some laptop stickers adorning SmugMug laptops the next time you see us. mwink.gif
    Smug since 2003
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    dgrinners :poke Ben

congrats fotodojo
  • wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    richW wrote:
    dgrinners :poke Ben

Wow..some are pretty funny.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Dang, forgot about this, and didnt submit mine :cry
    edited November 1, 2006
    lets see, by my count that puts us up to our last Honorable Mention, right? :D

The last (though they were listed in no particular order!) of the Honorable Mentions was created by someone who gets the distinguished honor of being the only contestant to win two prizes. clap.gif

(I know, thats bad news for everyone who already was announced. But at least the tension is gone now, right?rolleyes1.gif)

While the PacMan shirt might not end up in our store, Rhuarc's Shoot Happens shirt will.
    106904195-M.jpg

(though poor smuggy will have to undergo therapy to return him to his healthy shade of green before that happens!):sick
    Smug since 2003
    edited November 1, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    Alrighty then!

The next of the "verboten" designs was created by Dgrin's resident cartoonist fotodojo.

It just goes to show you that SmugMug always keeps it classy. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes
    107284458-M.jpg

Because of the use of logos, I doubt we can actually put this in our gear store. But you miiiiiiiiiight just see some laptop stickers adorning SmugMug laptops the next time you see us. mwink.gif

Tsk...toilet humor...

:lol :lol
    Jen

edited November 1, 2006
    JenW wrote:
    Tsk...toilet humor...

:lol :lol

I am soo going to be in trouble =). It was my homage to Bill Watterson's Calvin & Hobbes .. honest =) ..
    edited November 1, 2006
    ALRIGHT!! Now we are to the big prizes.

drums.gifdrumsdrums.gifdrumsdrums.gif

Okay. Third Prize wins a brand spanking new copy of Photoshop CS2. (Ironically, the program they probably used to create the design. In which case, it is negotiable! rolleyes1.gif)

Everyone give it up to Rich Wilson for his "Distinctively Smug" line of clothing. clap.gifclapclap.gif
    107284429-M.jpg
    Smug since 2003
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    fotodojo wrote:
    I am soo going to be in trouble =). It was my homage to Bill Watterson's Calvin & Hobbes .. honest =) ..

calvinDesesperadoTn.png
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited November 1, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    (Ironically, the program they probably used to create the design. In which case, it is negotiable! rolleyes1.gif)

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

True dat.
    edited November 1, 2006
    congrats RICH!
    Canon Rebel XT
    edited November 1, 2006
    Ben wrote:

Everyone give it up to Rich Wilson for his "Distinctively Smug" line of clothing. clap.gifclapclap.gif
    107284429-Th.jpg

Love it! clap.gif
  • Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    Congrats!!!

The tension is building.....come on!!!
    edited November 1, 2006
    edited November 1, 2006
    Originally slated to be the "weak" 1.66Ghz Core Duo Mac Mini, the Second Place Prize underwend and executive override to become the beefy 1.83Ghz Core Duo Mac Mini.

Easily the smallest and sexiest machine on the market, it is definitely a prize to covet.

Proving that sometimes simpler is better, Mike Lane takes home the Mac Mini with his "See more of me on SmugMug" line. :ivar
    107284941-M.jpg

An unnamed SmugMug employee plans to drape his poor kid head to toe in this gear and shamelessly promote the site. The horror! :wow
    Smug since 2003
    edited November 1, 2006
    it seems like such a shame to end all the tension here and now. :cry

Are you sure you guys don't want to wait until tomorrow to hear the grand prize? It would be soooooo much more gratifying. You know it would be. :D
    Smug since 2003
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2006
    I didn't even enter, but I WANT TO HEAR THE WINNER NOW!!!!1111!!!
    edited November 1, 2006
    GJ mike!!! NOW THE WINNER!
    Canon Rebel XT
    edited November 1, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    An unnamed SmugMug employee plans to drape his poor kid head to toe in this gear and shamelessly promote the site. The horror! :wow

HA! and you thought my contribution was going to get me into trouble .. =)
    Enjoy your Mac Mini, Mikey ..

think of the Bunny Ben .. think of the Bunny ..
    edited November 1, 2006
    Ben wrote:
    it seems like such a shame to end all the tension here and now. :cry

Are you sure you guys don't want to wait until tomorrow to hear the grand prize? It would be soooooo much more gratifying. You know it would be. :D

Evil you! :whip

:D
    Jen