Options

Anyone else's job get in the way of their photography ?

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited December 17, 2004 in Holy Macro
Always have my camera on me...had a little wait today so started poking around.

Super Macro

12810088-L.jpg

And again...each was only about 5 mm (1/4") across.

12810087-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 17, 2004
    never realized that camera of yours had such badass macro! nice!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    I like the barbed wire Humy... were you on the inside? or did they let you out for the day rolleyes1.gif

... and no.. my job does not get in the way.. since I broke my ankle this summer and was confined to house I've quit... husband tries to make me go to work but I won't..nope.. just ain't gonna go no more..no. 1drink.gif

(secretly he likes it.. says all the decisions in our small old folks home are now his and we don't fight about it)
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    Lynn, love that avatar!

Great shot of rusting barbed wire, degustibus, I didn't realize your camera could do the narrow depth of field thing.

And yes, I allow my job to get in the way of my shooting all the time. umph.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Always have my camera on me...had a little wait today so started poking around.

Super Macro

12810088-M.jpg

I love the fence shot.

Dave
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2004
    Ta all. Yep the little olympus can do a 19 mm (3/4") macro alright. The depth of view is only millimeters thin.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I like the barbed wire Humy... were you on the inside? or did they let you out for the day rolleyes1.gif

... and no.. my job does not get in the way.. since I broke my ankle this summer and was confined to house I've quit... husband tries to make me go to work but I won't..nope.. just ain't gonna go no more..no. 1drink.gif

(secretly he likes it.. says all the decisions in our small old folks home are now his and we don't fight about it)
    Whats up with it lyn..did you do ligament damage as well ?

Can you explain everything i need to know so i can fake it..?
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    Love the wire
    Great shot of that barbed wire, Humungus. It looks like pretty heavy stuff. What are they fencing in or out, elephants? :D The barbed wire around here is only thin stuff with one twist for the barb. Wouldn't even make a good picture, let alone a good barrier for anything, ha. mwink.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2004
    G'day snapapple, i call this stuff 'friendly barbed wire'...its the really old mild steel stuff, maybe up to 50-80 years old.

The new stuff is high tensile & will open you up like a scalpel. We had it on the farm as well & my old horse knew the exact distance to canter from it..you learnt to ride side saddle very quickly.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Whats up with it lyn..did you do ligament damage as well ?

Can you explain everything i need to know so i can fake it..?
    yeah sure.. it's easy.. first off when you fall you have to get your ankle to make a sickening "crack" sound.. it's impressive if done right.. chundering when the emt's lift you onto the stretcher works too.(aussie for barfing). You'll need some of that burning stuff you had on your face... thats approx the same color my husband said I was in the emergency room if I remember correctly.

Get your foot to loll to the side a bit.. fools the EMT's into thinking it's really badly broke.
    After they screw a metal plate into your leg it's easy really.. just hop on one leg for three months.. it's not bad.. the agony of the good leg eases up in the second month. Gain about 10 lbs..that seems to be required for some reason, throw all your shoes and boots out.. you'll never get them on again, you'll need all new pairs. Um...what else... plan some "road trips".. it's the only way your gonna get out.. and book the "handicapped" room in motels.. great fun, the toilet is 8feet off the ground and you can actually have a shower with a cast on.
    Let me know if I missed anything...1drink.gif oh.. I forgot.. in lieu of pain pills? drink loads of nice Aussie Shiraz....medicinal purposes only of course..I don't believe in drugs...squashed grapes are much more healthy...

p.s. don't turn down invites to fun places just cos you can't walk.. all stairs (except those in the work place) can be negotiated on ones bum.. yes people stare but what the heck... who wants to miss out..
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2004
    headscratch.gif Lyn...im like that normally.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2004
    Pushing the super macro .. this is the centre of a 50c coin at 3/4" focus. It does the job....just.. for a prosumer camera. The coin is about 1"3/4 across.

Is there anything harder to photograph than a coin ????????? Man the light is just over the top trying to get this right !

12835709-L.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 17, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Pushing the super macro .. this is the centre of a 50c coin at 3/4" focus. It does the job....just.. for a prosumer camera. The coin is about 1"3/4 across.

Is there anything harder to photograph than a coin ????????? Man the light is just over the top trying to get this right !

wow. very impressed.

great, now i want a badass little prosumer camera. umph.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited December 17, 2004
    My job gets in the way all the time :)

Nice work on the macro shots!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?