Options

255B should be blue right?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited November 9, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
If I go to the color palette in PS and set it to 0R 0G 255B, the color should be as blue as blue can be without a hint of purple, right? This screen is really good, but I think it's in need of calibration

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited November 8, 2006
    What display are we talking about? And yes, 0,0,255 is very blue.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2006
    The one on my new laptop (best laptop display I've seen - 15" IBM Flexview screen, S-IPS). I used Adobe Gamma and things seem to be pretty close now. Should hold me over until I go home, where my Eye One Display 2 is, for Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2006
    Ok...why do images look different in PS CS2 than they do everywhere else (it's like PS CS2 isn't using the profile I made with Adobe Gamma)?
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2006
    What colorspace did you shoot the images in?
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited November 8, 2006
    RAW, so whatever color space I want. But I work in sRGB. Even old images though, were just weird. If I did soft proof monitor rgb colors it seemed to work though, it's just annoying to have to select soft proof each time. Oh well, it's just for 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2006
    Just thinking if the image was aRGB and you were looking at it with another app other than CS2 in aRGB space and/or another computer/monitor, it would look "off."

...as opposed to sRGB that is.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2006
    Ok, this is getting annoying. The profile I made with adobe gamma seems to work everywhere but PS, RSP, and Lightroom. In those three programs they revert back not quite to pre-profile, but they use the profiles colors with pre-profile levels of gamma (i.e. it's way too dark in those three programs). In PS, selecting soft proof monitor RGB seems to come close to fixing this, but there is no such option in RSP or LR. Ideas?

This includes looking at an image in Windows (fine) then opening it in PS (not fine) or processing an image in RSP (not fine) then looking at that processed image in Windows (fine) then opening that same image in PS (not fine).

Also, images on the net are fine.

Ah, now I get it. ATI Catalyst and Adobe Gamma were fighting each other...believe it or not ATI won for now (it was giving better color than Adobe gamma, can't wait to get home and get proper color management...speaking of which if someone overnighted me an eye one display 2 I'd compensate them for it - would save me 2 weeks of off color until I go home for break and can snag the i1 D2 in my closet).

NO, that's not it. Damn it all to hell. It looks like I either get the color accuracy of Adobe gamma way too dark or the proper brightness of ATI Catalyst with purples for blues.

WHY OH WHY 1 - does this have to be like this and 2 - did I have to leave my i1 D2 at home?

Seriously, if someone boxes up their color calibrator (other than a Huey since those need to stay attached) and overnights it to me via USPS I'll will pay them for the overnighting + some

Well, I'm getting closer. I used Gamma to set things proper, then boosted everything by the same amount by using the arrow keys on the keyboard. It's close, but not perfect. It will hopefully get me through the 19th like this.
    Thanks,
    Richard