Options

What do you want to see in the Aperture Smugmug Plug-in?

Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
With Aperture 1.5 announced by Apple today as a free upgrade to all Aperutre 1.X users, one of the features introduced, is plug-in support. Gettyimages, iStockPhoto, and Flick plug-ins will be shipped with Aperture 1.5 and I assume Smugmug's plug-in will soon follow.

Here is a list of features/how I want to see the Smugmug plug-in work. Now lets see your list
  • Create Smugmig Album Like Create Web Gallery this will create a Smugmug Album as you would see it on Smugmug and allow you to do all the stuff you would do on Smugmug such as order, gallery style, options etc all from within Aperture. This is the killer feature that would really put Smugmug ahead of the pack. Instead of having to edit the gallery on Smugmug you can do all of the gallery functions from wihin Aperture.
  • Sync Smugmug/Aperture Galleries As you update galleries within Aperutre (or even Smugmug) you can keep the changes in sync between Smugmug and Aperture
  • Import Smugmug Galleries to Apeture When you are ready to use Aperutre with Smugmug, being able to pull in your Smugmug galleries or assign/convert exsisiting Aperure Albums to Smugmug Galleries would make things eaisier for people.
THis is my list so far. I think you get the idea of where I want to see the Smugmug plug-in go.
My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Comments

• Options
    DougOnecentDougOnecent Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 31, 2006
    In the works!!
    Just wanted to let you know that I am in the beginning phases of creating a Aperture plugin for SmugMug. I would love to hear other suggestions of features that users would like to see included. Based on my preliminary look at the API it will only allow for exporting from Aperture, not importing.

Sincerely,
    D Penny
  • Options
    svenllrsvenllr Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 10, 2006
    Just wanted to let you know that I am in the beginning phases of creating a Aperture plugin for SmugMug. I would love to hear other suggestions of features that users would like to see included. Based on my preliminary look at the API it will only allow for exporting from Aperture, not importing.

Sincerely,
    D Penny

I'm looking to be able to export my albums on SmugMug's existing Galleries as well as way to create new ones (if needed.) Would like defaults like password and such to be accessible from the export dialog. And finally, a "View Gallery Online" link. :)
  • Options
    pronvitpronvit Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    svenllr wrote:
    I'm looking to be able to export my albums on SmugMug's existing Galleries as well as way to create new ones (if needed.) Would like defaults like password and such to be accessible from the export dialog. And finally, a "View Gallery Online" link. :)

check this thread http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=46674
    my plugin already can export photos and create galleries
    I'll add View Gallery Online link ;)

btw, there's api provided only for exporting selected images so other things like syncing and so on aren't possible