Options

My trip to Europe-part 3-Paris

smhs.imagessmhs.images Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited November 11, 2006 in Journeys
So after a lovely weekend with friends, my husband had to return to the States so Michelle and I spent the week in Paris. Paris is beautiful as always but we had a very rainy few days that I could have done without, but we made the best of it.

Paris Days 5-8

102035562-S-2.jpg

That was our amazing view, thanks to Michelle's persistance!

102066350-S-2.jpg104992881-S.jpg103158906-S.jpg104576377-S.jpg

Michelle, Me and Rodin's THINKER; The Sacre Coeur from a street in Montparnasse; Myself in front of the Arc de Triomphe; A cute little Greek restaurant in the Latin Quarter.

105000562-S.jpg102027218-S-4.jpg102054309-S-3.jpg

Detail of the Eiffel Tower; Michelle and her first Parisian Crepe (nutella, banana, coconut, grand marnier=YUM); Michelle and I, self portrait with the Eiffel Tower

103359987-S-1.jpg102043271-S-3.jpg

Statue on the Pont Alexandar III; Michelle and I on the Pont Alexandar III (Eiffel Tower in background)

103589355-S-2.jpg

A japanese restaurant in Paris with my last name. How cool is that?

102068853-S-2.jpg

The dorks with the matching Argyle sweaters on. (not intentional) This was taken from the top of the Arc de Triomphe.

103237200-S.jpg

A bistrot in the Latin Quarter

102048521-S-3.jpg102085788-S-3.jpg

Michelle and I in front of and on top of the Notre Dame Cathedral

102087664-S-1.jpg

Eating Berthillon ice cream on the Ile St Louis. No joke the best ice cream I have ever had!

105000754-S.jpg

Notre Dame Cathedral at night

102058507-S-2.jpg102920022-S-1.jpg

We took the Bateaux Parisian Seine cruise, it was beautiful and really reminds you why it is called the city of lights.

102026712-S-2.jpg102091165-S-2.jpg

This was the crepe stand we would visit every night for food before bed. Shazad was working and he made each crepe with love. On our last night he joined us in the cafe for some hot chocolate.

For more photos of paris click here http://www.shawnaseto.com/France

Please feel free to add your Paris photos to this thread, I would love to see them!
Shawna
www.shawnaseto.com

Nobody gets in to see the wizard. Not nobody, not no how.

Join Smugmug get $5 bucks off!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    I feel like I'm there with you two nut-jobs! Is this what wives to when their husbands go home? lol3.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2006
    You girls are having way too much fun!!! wings.gif In fact, it seems like the fun has increased in this series after hubby has gone home ....eek7.gif??? Great shots in all 4 posts, Shawna, really gave me a feeling of being there! Lucky you to have friends to visit there...must really make it special. Thanks for sharing! clap.gif
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2006
    I went to Paris September 11 - 19...and loved it. Seeing these pics...brought back memories. Did you walk up those 700 steps to the Eiffel Tower? I did...whew that was a work-out.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2006
    Seneca wrote:
    I went to Paris September 11 - 19...and loved it. Seeing these pics...brought back memories. Did you walk up those 700 steps to the Eiffel Tower? I did...whew that was a work-out.

Actually it rained pretty hard all day so they had the stairs blocked off because they were slippery. I did all the other stairs in Paris though. I still have to edit down my 3,000 photos to something respectible and good so check my site later on in the month (November) if you feel like reminiscing!
    :ivar
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

• Options
    edited November 3, 2006
    Due to some glitch in with the FF browser, not all the pics were showing. (if you were viewing with FF not IE) It is okay now and all photos can be seen!
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited November 4, 2006
    What a nice trip!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    You girls are having way too much fun!!! wings.gif In fact, it seems like the fun has increased in this series after hubby has gone home ....eek7.gif??? Great shots in all 4 posts, Shawna, really gave me a feeling of being there! Lucky you to have friends to visit there...must really make it special. Thanks for sharing! clap.gif

Wow you and Andy are killing me. That is so funny. Yes I have been with Paris twice with my husband, this was my first time with a friend and it was a totally different experience. Apparently french men do like American women after all because we were getting more attention than you could ask for!
    And visitng friends was an awesome experience, to see Europe through the locals eyes... I loved it!
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com

• Options
    edited November 11, 2006
    Seneca wrote:

You should post some of your pics here... I would love to see them!
    Shawna
    www.shawnaseto.com