Options

Will SM ever allow storage space for documents, etc???

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited November 13, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I love the fact that as a Pro account level user, that I have unlimited storage space for my images, but I wish SM would give some space to its Pro account users to store other file types, such as PDF files. Currently I have to have another site to host my Package and Pricing Summary which is in PDF format. Then I link to it from my site. So I'm paying 2 different hosts to deliver a unified experience for my customers.

It would be great to be able to upload PDF's or other file types to my account. Or just have a place where I can store administrative documents, etc. Has anyone requested this? Or this in the list of possible future enhancements?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    I love the fact that as a Pro account level user, that I have unlimited storage space for my images, but I wish SM would give some space to its Pro account users to store other file types, such as PDF files. Currently I have to have another site to host my Package and Pricing Summary which is in PDF format. Then I link to it from my site. So I'm paying 2 different hosts to deliver a unified experience for my customers.

It would be great to be able to upload PDF's or other file types to my account. Or just have a place where I can store administrative documents, etc. Has anyone requested this? Or this in the list of possible future enhancements?
    Hi Lou, photos are our focus. Can't say if or when we'll allow other types of docs though, but thanks for the Feature Request.

In the meantime, you can make a JPG of your pdf, though only 1pg at a time.

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    How about .crw's and .psd's? bowdown.gif

OK, I'll settle for .tif, or any lossless format. mwink.gif

Malte
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2006
    Malte wrote:

Malte

Or even the .ico format (I think that's what it is... it's the format that let's you customize the icon in your title bar).

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited October 25, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Or even the .ico format (I think that's what it is... it's the format that let's you customize the icon in your title bar).
    d00ds wave.gif

http://pages.google.com

:D have a great day!
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2006
    Malte wrote:

Malte

wave.gif Hi Malte
    http://www.amazon.com/S3-AWS-home-page-Money/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2/104-9531812-4974313?ie=UTF8&node=16427261&no=3435361&me=A36L942TSJ2AJA

:D I use it for all my RAW files. Amazon + Jungle Disk (google for it) is a great pair.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    d00ds wave.gif

http://pages.google.com

:D have a great day!

Cool tip. I use ripway.com for that little icon right now-- just have to remember to log-in to my account there once a month so they don't delete it. So the google pages apparently let you store that kind of file .ico too? Is there anything about the internet that you don't know, Andy? bowdown.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited November 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi Malte
    http://www.amazon.com/S3-AWS-home-page-Money/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2/104-9531812-4974313?ie=UTF8&node=16427261&no=3435361&me=A36L942TSJ2AJA

:D I use it for all my RAW files. Amazon + Jungle Disk (google for it) is a great pair.

Wow, now that's compelling pricing! How do you use it? Can it be used with a backup software? I once tried using a similar service with EMC Retrospect but I couldn't get the incremental backups to work, they all became full backups. Maybe that's not possible over the web. Or maybe it's possible with WebDAV, what I tried used FTP.

What's Jungledisk's businessmodel? Do they get referral kickbacks? Am I stuck with them or could I use any sofware that works with S3?

Malte
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Is there anything about the internet that you don't know, Andy? bowdown.gif

Yeah he's alright, for an old guy. :andy

Malte
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    Wow, now that's compelling pricing! How do you use it? Can it be used with a backup software? I once tried using a similar service with EMC Retrospect but I couldn't get the incremental backups to work, they all became full backups. Maybe that's not possible over the web. Or maybe it's possible with WebDAV, what I tried used FTP.

What's Jungledisk's businessmodel? Do they get referral kickbacks? Am I stuck with them or could I use any sofware that works with S3?

Malte

I just went and got Jungledisk, installed it, and began uploading :)ne_nau.gif There may be other options now, and maybe more to come as well, since s3 is maturing.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    Yeah he's alright, for an old guy. :andy

Malte
    umph.gif
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I just went and got Jungledisk, installed it, and began uploading :)ne_nau.gif There may be other options now, and maybe more to come as well, since s3 is maturing.

I'll definately give this a try, thanks for the heads up!

Malte
  • Options
    HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2006
    I use doteasy.com to host my files and text pages and blend them in with my smugmug pages. The bulk om hosting is taken care of by smugmug and just a few simple pages on doteasy. I think I have about 500MB of space there.

I even copied the smugmug style so they all look the same :)
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.