Options

holiday cards?

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited November 16, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Anyone else starting to get requests for holiday cards? What are my options for a customer to order them through SM?

I guess I could mock something up in PS and upload it and offer it for sale as a postcard-- but it would be nice to have some sort of bulk order discount since folks usually like to order 100 or so cards at a time.

Any other ideas? :dunno

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Anyone else starting to get requests for holiday cards? What are my options for a customer to order them through SM?

I guess I could mock something up in PS and upload it and offer it for sale as a postcard-- but it would be nice to have some sort of bulk order discount since folks usually like to order 100 or so cards at a time.

Any other ideas? ne_nau.gif
    We don't have them. We want to have them, but it's sure not looking good in time for this holiday. I wish I had a better answer for you, I really do.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    We don't have them. We want to have them, but it's sure not looking good in time for this holiday. I wish I had a better answer for you, I really do.

Maybe in time for 2007/2008?

I know it's more work for SM, but I'll bet the holiday cards would be a big hit (and ez profit) once it was set up.

How I'm handling my request right now is to pitch the purchase of a print res digital download to the customer so she can use the file to create a card of her own. That's obviously because I'm too lazy to design a card template myself... maybe by next year.

Anyone else here figured out a decent way to sell photo holiday cards off your SM site?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+