Options

My Threads Feature?

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited December 21, 2004 in Dgrin Forum Support
On dpreview there is a feature called "my threads" and when I click on it I see all the threads I've started or responded to. This makes it very easy to answer any new comments or questions, and to get back to a thread I wanted to read again at my leisure. Is there a similar function on dgrin?

Comments

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    You know what? I was looking for that the other day and didn't see it either. I'm pretty sure it can easily be enabled.

How about a "Today's Posts" link in case the cookies aren't working right? That way you can see the last posts within 24 hours.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    Today's Post too short...
    How about a "Today's Posts" link in case the cookies aren't working right? That way you can see the last posts within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

In this case someone had a link to a local San Francisco Bay Area group that meets, and I was looking at a bunch of posts that day. Now I'll have to try to find everything I posted to to find it, since I had to leave suddenly and didn't have time to bookmark it.

So that was a couple of days ago -- my threads keeps a record of every post you ever made on dpreview...

I'm still trying to find my way around everything here, there are a lot of fun options to try too, like html stuff I'll have to learn, etc. I finally figured out how to get the animated smiley icons in my message! Too easy! Laughing.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    I second that!
    Dee wrote:
    On dpreview there is a feature called "my threads" and when I click on it I see all the threads I've started or responded to. This makes it very easy to answer any new comments or questions, and to get back to a thread I wanted to read again at my leisure. Is there a similar function on dgrin?
    I miss it very much here..
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    Ouick Links/My Profile/post started by or all post.Under forum info.

Give that a try.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    MHJS wrote:
    Ouick Links/My Profile/post started by or all post.Under forum info.

Give that a try.

*exactly*

:D
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    and also, you can subscribe to threads here if you like, where you'll get an email when a thread gets a reply posted to it.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    Andy, with all due respect
    andy wrote:
    *exactly*

:D
    it's not "exactly" "my threads dpreview style". deal.gif
    It's either list of my posts (duh, I like to read my own stuff over and over, I'm such an ego-maniac:-), or list of threads I started.
    While all is needed is list of threads I participated in, regardless of the initiator.

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    Nikolai wrote:
    it's not "exactly" "my threads dpreview style". deal.gif
    It's either list of my posts (duh, I like to read my own stuff over and over, I'm such an ego-maniac:-), or list of threads I started.
    While all is needed is list of threads I participated in, regardless of the initiator.

Cheers!1drink.gif

well, nik - if it's part of vbulletin, then i'm sure that patch can figure it out. if it's not part of vbulletin, then well, mebbe you can hack it fer us?
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    Good to know..
    andy wrote:
    well, nik - if it's part of vbulletin, then i'm sure that patch can figure it out. if it's not part of vbulletin, then well, mebbe you can hack it fer us?
    maybe:-) once I'm done with SE..
    I got such a breakthorugh today.. figured out how to handle the thumbnails... GDI+ rocks!

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2004
    Search helped a little
    After several attempts with the search feature, I found the site I was looking for.

I made sure to bookmark it this time.

Andy, I'll try your suggestion also. Still finding my way around dgrin!
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2004
    If you go to your control panel, then edit options you can select:
    Default Thread Subscription Mode

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

You can set it to no email notification, instant, daily or weekly. If you set it to no, the quickest way to see them is to go to the Quick links and subscribed threads. I think that will give you what you want. The only way for me to change it would be to change it user by user (which you can access, if not PM me) or globally for everyone, which I do not think is necessary.

If you click "new posts" it will also show an envelope with a black dot to show you the threads you have posted in.

One other way would be to do an advanced search via your username and you can have it display by posts or threads.

Hopefully that will help.
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    I figured out the search syntax...

To get a listing of all the posts made within the last few days click below. thumb.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/search.php?do=getdaily
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited December 21, 2004
    Thank you everyone for all the tips
    Still not as easy as my threads on dpreview, but I'll pay more attention or subscribe as recommended. On Photo.net I can subscribe to posted photos and get e-mail notifications, so I know how that works.

I figured out the search syntax...

To get a listing of all the posts made within the last few days click below. thumb.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/search.php?do=getdaily