Options

Gallery opportunity FAQ?

asamuelasamuel Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
edited November 23, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I have taken the opportunity to show some of my work in the opening of a small private gallery ( I think this point is important)

My circumstance is a little perculiar, the opportunity comes just as I am about to leave the country and the exhibition was scheduled to finish before I leave.............No. problem. take down the work and fed ex it home. ) complications.

Now the gallery wants to keep the exhibition running over time, good opportunity. but I wont ever be here to take down. The gallery suggested:

1) take down the work in my time frame and leave with it - its a joint exhibition so the other half can cover the loss of space.

2) leave all work and the gallery fed ex at the end- I presume this option requires some kind of simple contract.

ALSO
The gallery also suggested I can make a gift of a few pictures to the gallery for long -term exhibition / archive and that I leave full JPGs in the hands of the gallery if sales are made a print can be reproduced. Im not sure this is best practice.

1) Are there any suggestions for best practice.
2) Proffesional (but simple) contractual styles.
3) Gallery commission rates.

Is there any advice, to take a good opportunity but start it off educated.
Thanks
where's the cheese at?

http://www.samuelbedford.com

Comments

• Options
    asamuelasamuel Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2006
    ...bump this.

The gallery have offered me 60% of selling price. 40% commission to gallery. I pay costs of printing and framing.

I have clarified that I will not any full res. JPGs with the gallery. But that I will leave 3 prints in the archive at no cost, unless they are sold. ...is that crazy?

...........................................opening in 1 weeks time, help suggestions appreciated.
    where's the cheese at?

http://www.samuelbedford.com