Options

WITHDRAWN: Zeiss Distagon 21mm f/2.8 Collection

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 24, 2006 in The Kitchen Sink
The Ultimate Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Distagon Collection

Up for sale is this entire Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Distagon Collection. Included in the sale are the following items:

109761693-L.jpg
  1. The Lens. Zeiss Distagon 21mm f/2.8 Distagon. Front Cap. Cameraquest CZ-->Canon Mount Adapter. Body cap.
  2. Original Box, packaging, authenticity certificate, instructions, body cap, leather pouch
  3. B+W 82mm Super Slim Circular Polarizing Filter, with cap and case
  4. Zeiss 82mm --> 86mm Step-up Ring
  5. CZ Metal Hood W-1
  6. CZ 99mm Metal Lens Cap (for use with Metal Hood)
  7. CZ 86mm Protection Filter, Box, Instructions, Leatherette Case

Everything in this collection is condition MINT. It's not new, of course. When I purchased this lens about a year ago, it was only used by one collecter, for testing purposes. You'd be hard pressed, to tell the difference between this lens, and a new model. If they even made a new model! The lens itself is free of scratches, dents, dings, or defects. The aperture ring works smoothly, as it did when new. The focusing is as smooth as butter. Everything functions as it would on a new copy of this lens.

The resolving power of this lens just can't be beat. It's without a doubt, the sharpest glass at this focal length you can find, anywhere. I have a short review of this lens, here with several crops showing the sharpness.

The lens itself:
109761714-L.jpg

Rear, showing the Cameraquest adapter mounted.
109761721-L.jpg

This is to be sold as a collection. I will not break up the pieces at this time.

Price for the complete collection: $3,250.

Please remember, add up all the items: lens, cameraquest adapter, hoods, caps, filters. All the original packaging. I have researched recent sales, and I'll stand by my price. And yes, this is less than I paid for the complete set just over one year ago.

Terms of my sale: Cash, personal check, bank check. Items will ship when funds have cleared. Shipping is at buyer's expense, and will be trackable service (UPS or Fedex) and will be insured for the full amount. International buyers are welcome, you will pay any duties, taxes, import fees, etc.

Please use the "email" link in my profile to ask questions or contact me about this lens.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2006
    eek7.gif no, NO! it CANT be true?! why... why would you get rid of something so perfect:cry
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 12, 2006
    wow...sweet lens thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    eek7.gif no, NO! it CANT be true?! why... why would you get rid of something so perfect:cry

He has had it longer than a week? ne_nau.gif

That or this is a duplicate lense?

That or he found a different one he hasn't owned yet that he wants so he can say he has owned every one ever made.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 15, 2006
    I finally figured it out: Andy realized Zeiss makes F-mount lenses! lol3.gifwave.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2006
    I can't believe it has not sold yet..... this is a sweet lens. Don't tell me I have to reassure people here? Most of you should know, he has about the same amount of sales as posts, and all went without problems lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2006
    He has had it longer than a week? ne_nau.gif

That or this is a duplicate lense?

That or he found a different one he hasn't owned yet that he wants so he can say he has owned every one ever made.
    rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2006
    Price Reduced to $3250.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Price Reduced to $3250.
    $3K for Pathfinder if he's buying naughty.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited November 21, 2006
    Sorry Boss, Nightingale says I have too many toys alreadyeek7.gif

I am glad you were thinking of me.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    Sorry Boss, Nightingale says I have too many toys alreadyeek7.gif

I am glad you were thinking of me.
    Huh. She did this, eh: :toni
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    I can't believe it has not sold yet..... this is a sweet lens. Don't tell me I have to reassure people here? Most of you should know, he has about the same amount of sales as posts, and all went without problems lol3.gif

Yeah, but most of us dont have that much money laying around. rolleyes1.gif

But Andy, can you provide some photos you've taken with it? I'm interested to see how they come out.
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    Yeah, but most of us dont have that much money laying around. rolleyes1.gif

But Andy, can you provide some photos you've taken with it? I'm interested to see how they come out.

Here are is an example of the sharpness. Put the first pic in critique mode, and view the entire image. Arrow forward to see some crops.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2006
    Andy,

I couple of things...................... Your legend status is in dire jeopardy! Not only was I able view an Andy for sale post before the item was sold, but it hasn't sold in 12 days!

Also I don't think I would use the graveyard image to promote the lens. Some might think it's some kind of Freudian slip pretaining to the lens. Also I couldn't help by notice the wierd lens distortion causing the headstones to tilt in different directions. Heck I couldn't even read the names and dates on all of them. :D

Sam