My new toy. EF 70-200mm f/4L USM

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited December 23, 2004 in Accessories
My first L lens. I just picked up a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM from B&H.
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=150&modelid=7345

I had no idea. The crispness level is beyond anything I ever imagined. Plus its light, easy to use and looks oh so cool. Amazing quality and value for under $600, shipped! I cannot believe I waited this long, if I had known what I was missing out on, I would have done this a long time back.

Doug

I'll post more as I get used to it, but here are a few I took today...

13014013-L.jpg

13014186-L.jpg

Comments

• dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2004
    Congrats on a great lens! This is one I wish Nikon made :(

BTW..Nice car.

Dave
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 22, 2004
    Screw the lens. I want the McLaren :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    My first L lens. I just picked up a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM from B&H.

I had no idea. The crispness level is beyond anything I ever imagined. Plus its light, easy to use and looks oh so cool. Amazing quality and value for under $600, shipped! I cannot believe I waited this long, if I had known what I was missing out on, I would have done this a long time back.

Welcome to a whole new word of financial pain.... you are going to want another... and another... and...
  • StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2004
    yvonne wrote:
    Welcome to a whole new word of financial pain.... you are going to want another... and another... and...

How hard was it not to get the 2.8 IS? Only $1600 That's £1400 in the UK, with an exchange rate of about $1.9 to £1... Sorry I have been looking at the F/4.0 this evening on the B&H site, wondering how to make my shopping list long enough to come over with the wife on a free flight... iloveyou.gif Unfortunately I would probably have to do an Andy and spend the equivalent on The Wife headscratch.gif
  • dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Screw the lens. I want the McLaren :D
    Thats the LM version. One of only five on the planet. They sold new in 1995 for about two million bucks. I've been fortunate to have it sitting in my office for the last year.

No, it's not mine. :)

Doug
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    Thats the LM version. One of only five on the planet. They sold new in 1995 for about two million bucks. I've been fortunate to have it sitting in my office for the last year.

No, it's not mine. :)

Doug

Sounds like you have a pretty cool job! Any other cars just lying around the office?

Back in the glory days of telecom, I have over 5 million in network gear in my car as I traveled the country. Thats about my only claim to fame. Too bad I didn't have a camera back then :(

Dave
  • dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Sounds like you have a pretty cool job! Any other cars just lying around the office? Dave
    All the time acutally. Numerous BMW racecars, a 1981 BMW M1 with 5000 original miles, a 1990 M3 with 29,000 original miles, and another McLaren F1, car # 007, hand signed by the designer, Gordon Murray.

mf1_interior_gordon.jpg

mf1_l_open.jpg

4376475-M.jpg

2754903-M.jpg