Clients and Deaths

Comments

• TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    Once again (not like it needs to be said), this shows why SM is a class act. My daughter is the same age and I can't imagine going through this. Kudos to all involved. thumb.gif
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    TristanP wrote:
    Once again (not like it needs to be said), this shows why SM is a class act. My daughter is the same age and I can't imagine going through this. Kudos to all involved. thumb.gif
    Well, our part is easy. Dee really came through, as did the entire Dgrin Community. iloveyou.gif
  • OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    Ok Folks, here's an update.

Due to time constraints, we are going to use Dee's Collage, its such a beautiful piece of work, Thank you Dee, rest assured her family will know who made this for them.

If you would still like to or have one completed, I will still get prints of it made and give to the family, I'm sure they would love them and probably couldn't have enough photos of her at this time.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have contributed to this thread or sent me e-mails and or messages, THANK YOU, this community has such big HEARTS. iloveyou.gif
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
    edited November 28, 2006
    Andy, WOW is all I can say ! Thanks so much, it's so appreciated.

Tristan, your so right my friend...Smugmug nothing BUT CLASS

Dee, I'm in your debt, I will be there (banquet) Monday Night, and have something special in mind for you. You did such a fantastic job:saurora
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    Thank You
    Onrey wrote:
    Andy, WOW is all I can say ! Thanks so much, it's so appreciated.

Tristan, your so right my friend...Smugmug nothing BUT CLASS

Dee, I'm in your debt, I will be there (banquet) Monday Night, and have something special in mind for you. You did such a fantastic job:saurora

I'm glad you liked the collage! I finished close to 3 a.m. my time. I really wanted the collage to be something special so I spent quite a bit of time with the background texture, etc. Andy's right, I do my best work in the wee hours of the morning :-). Such a sad situation, I was glad to help.

Dee
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    Often, choices between good and bad conflict with business practices ... I am glad you made the right choice. Remember that you are a reflection of the choices you make. You, Dee and Smugmug all made good choices.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    I'm glad Dee was able to compose a beautiful piece in time for the family. I told my wife yesterday about the situation and when I clicked on Brad's link of Haley's photos, our hearts just melted.

Being a father, I knew that I wanted to contribute something to the family.
    I've been working on a collage while at work (during my breaks :D) and I couldn't find the time to finish it. Luckily Dee saved the day so I'll continue to work on mine at a more comfortable pace.

This is my progress -- I'm trying to get a nice flow with the picture, match the exposures and tweak the masks.

113557174-L.jpg

113525451-L.jpg
  • steelephotography.comsteelephotography.com Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    This is an amazing thread...
    and the generosity of spirit is really heartwarming... As the father of 6 year old myself, I am deeply touched....

DS
    edited November 28, 2006
    nikos wrote:
    I'm glad Dee was able to compose a beautiful piece in time for the family. I told my wife yesterday about the situation and when I clicked on Brad's link of Haley's photos, our hearts just melted.

Being a father, I knew that I wanted to contribute something to the family.
    I've been working on a collage while at work (during my breaks :D) and I couldn't find the time to finish it. Luckily Dee saved the day so I'll continue to work on mine at a more comfortable pace.

This is my progress -- I'm trying to get a nice flow with the picture, match the exposures and tweak the masks.

113525451-L.jpg

clap.gif

Nikos, when you finish it, post the link to the original, I'll order this as well for Onrey to give the family deal.gif
    edited November 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    clap.gif

Nikos, when you finish it, post the link to the original, I'll order this as well for Onrey to give the family deal.gif
    How's this for timing mwink.gif

Here's the link to the original:
    http://nikos.smugmug.com/photos/113558101-O.jpg

Large version:
    EDIT: removed to ease the clutter
    edited November 28, 2006
    nikos wrote:
    How's this for timing mwink.gif

Here's the link to the original:
    http://nikos.smugmug.com/photos/113558101-O.jpg

Cool. Can you fix the masking on her face, upper left?
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    I'm glad you liked the collage! I finished close to 3 a.m. my time. I really wanted the collage to be something special so I spent quite a bit of time with the background texture, etc. Andy's right, I do my best work in the wee hours of the morning :-). Such a sad situation, I was glad to help.

Dee

Dee,

I can easily see the talent and effort that went into this loving gift. Ya did real good!

Sam
    edited November 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Cool. Can you fix the masking on her face, upper left?

Hmm! headscratch.gif That was the last part of the image that I worked on.

Fixed!
    http://nikos.smugmug.com/photos/113567515-O.jpg
    edited November 28, 2006
    Nikos, thanks so much for the heart felt effort, man you guys are talented, seems alot of Dgrinners have 6 yr olds, my girls are now 20 and 17, but still relate at any age. Thats a really nice collage, the family will love all of these and maybe ease their pain enough to get by another day. I dont know how people cope with things like this, after all your children are supposed to out live their parents.

Andy, man you and Smugmug are going above and beyond, It sure makes me feel good knowing there are companies that treat their customers as if they are family! I'm also sure everyone following this thread is thinking the same thing about SmugMug.

P.S. I wish I had an OUNCE of ya'lls talent with Photoshop.
    www.fitephotography.com
    edited November 28, 2006
    nikos wrote:
    Hmm! headscratch.gif That was the last part of the image that I worked on.

Fixed!
    http://nikos.smugmug.com/photos/113567515-O.jpg

Hi, one more change.
    It must be exactly 3:2 ratio please. Otherwise, the border you made won't print right.

Thanks!
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    Nikos, Dee and everyone else

Thanks so much helping out with this. I just got back to where I have 'net access.

Reading all the way through this thread serves as a great reminder of how many truly wonderful people we have in the dgrin community.

If there's anything anyone needs me to do to help out just let me know.
    edited November 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, one more change.
    It must be exactly 3:2 ratio please. Otherwise, the border you made won't print right.

Thanks!

Andy,

I changed the canvas size to 21"x14" and repositioned the image. Let me know if this is fine.

Original:
    http://nikos.smugmug.com/photos/113574942-O.jpg

113574942-L.jpg
    edited November 28, 2006
    nikos wrote:
    Andy,

I changed the canvas size to 21"x14" and repositioned the image. Let me know if this is fine.

Original:
    http://nikos.smugmug.com/photos/113574942-O.jpg

113574942-L.jpg

Perfect. I've just ordered, for Onrey, another 20x30 and 3 more 8x12s.

Thanks!
    edited November 28, 2006
    Onrey wrote:
    Nikos, thanks so much for the heart felt effort, man you guys are talented, seems alot of Dgrinners have 6 yr olds, my girls are now 20 and 17, but still relate at any age. Thats a really nice collage, the family will love all of these and maybe ease their pain enough to get by another day. I dont know how people cope with things like this, after all your children are supposed to out live their parents.

Andy, man you and Smugmug are going above and beyond, It sure makes me feel good knowing there are companies that treat their customers as if they are family! I'm also sure everyone following this thread is thinking the same thing about SmugMug.

P.S. I wish I had an OUNCE of ya'lls talent with Photoshop.

Brad,

It was your initial altruistic intentions that brought out the "goodness" in the rest of us.

Nikos
    edited November 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Perfect. I've just ordered, for Onrey, another 20x30 and 3 more 8x12s.

Thanks!

Andy,

bowdown.gif SMUGMUG.COM

You guys rock thumb.gif

Nikos
    edited November 28, 2006
    I really dont know what to say, but I'll try.

This all started out in the sceme of things as an effort on my part to provide the family, photos I took, a digital CD, printed photos for the viewing and funeral and a large print 19x13 for the football banquet, to later be given to the mother. It has blossomed into a beautiful gesture of love and compassion from everyone involved, both individuals and the family at SmugMug. This has surpassed anything I could have hoped to provide myself.

For this, I really do thank you.
    www.fitephotography.com
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    What a sad situation, but how heartwarming it is to read this thread, I had missed this up until now, beautiful pieces of work, wonderful job, I would imagine those will be painful to look at for the parents but will bring them great memories, and happy thoughts when they are ready for them.

This is a wonderful group of people that have gathered here.thumb.gif
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    You guys are mean... you made a grown man cry.

Everything about this thread touched my heart. As a father of an 8- and 6-year old, I can't even imagine the suffering and heartache the family and friends must be going through.

What a truly wonderful community this place is... and to think I had started out just to find a place to post pictures and ended up finding so much more.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    It has all been said better than I can say it, but the responses of Brad and the dGrin/SmugMug community to this incomprehensible tragedy have been incredibly uplifting and inspiring. There are a lot of truly good folks out there and I am honored to "know" you all.

Virginia

Email
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    This is all just so special and shows what a great community this is.
    I have a 4 year old son and after I read this I just went and hugged and kissed him. Of course I got the EEEEEEEEeeeewww MoM!. Just remember that your children, family and friends are the light of your life. Hug them, kiss them, tell them what they mean to you. You never know when that light will go out.

My heart goes out to this mother and family.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Hi all

Dee and Nikos - incredible work, in so much shorter a time frame than I could have managed.
    Smugmug - well, I've always known that smugmug was a first class organization and this reinforces that for me.

And the same for dgrin - this really drives home why I am a member of this fabulous community.

My sympathies for this family, and my utmost respect for all of those involved in this effort.

ann
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Can't say much more than has already been said... what a great community.

As a relatively new father, I don't even like to contemplate these kinds of things...

:cry and iloveyou.gif
    Chris
    edited November 30, 2006
    We got the first order of photos from Fed Ex this morning. They are at the frame shop being fitted with nice new frames. clap.gif

Dee, they look so wonderful in Print, thanks for your act of kindness.
    Expecting Nikos set tommorrow.
    Brad
    www.fitephotography.com
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Glad they look good
    Onrey wrote:
    We got the first order of photos from Fed Ex this morning. They are at the frame shop being fitted with nice new frames. clap.gif

Dee, they look so wonderful in Print, thanks for your act of kindness.
    Expecting Nikos set tommorrow.
    Brad

I'm hoping you'll take photos of the posters when you get them all. I'm glad they look good. It will be interesting to see them in their frames.

I hope the mom, dad and grandparents like the prints and posters, everyone reacts to grief differently.

Did the mom get out of the hospital yet? I keep thinking of her.

Nikos did a great job too for a completely different look and feel. It's always interesting to see how artists use the same material in different ways. Nikos did a really good job on the post processing of the photos.

How is the community handling this tragic loss?
  • MilanMilan Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    I've just discovered this thred few minutes ago.

I can't even imagine what the little girls family and friends must be going through. I have to kids (13 and 17) and can't even dare to think about something like that

Looking at those collages brings tears to my eyes.

Onrey, Dee, Andy, Nikos you are truly wonderful people. iloveyou.gif

I'm proud to be a very, very humble member of this great community here at Smugmug.