Options

New tubes

shaneshane Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited November 30, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hi, 1st attempt with my Kenko tubes + 70-200L. Finally got around to posting them here. Thoughts & comments appreciated.

103386101-M.jpg

A little closer.
103385997-M.jpg

Shane.

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    shane wrote:
    Hi, 1st attempt with my Kenko tubes + 70-200L. Finally got around to posting them here. Thoughts & comments appreciated.
    A little closer.
    Shane.

Hi Shane......... how many tubes did you use?

I have tried it just using one Tube and the results are very pleasing.
    You can get very sharp images indeed, it's a matter of finding out what works, and what doesn't ...... keep posting I plan on trying the same combination out more over summer....... Skippy (Australia)

This was taken with One Kenko Tube and a Canon 70-200mm.

112873934-M.jpg
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    iloveyou.gifwonderful !
    So you add tube on standard lens it starts acting like macro lens ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    shaneshane Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Skippy, from memory the 1st one was with one 20mm? tube and the 2nd shot was with all the tubes stacked on.
    Love the leaf shot by the way, the lighting is wonderful.thumb.gif

Awais. Yes, the extension tubes fit between the camera body & the lens enabling the lens to focus much closer than is normally possible. Just how close depends on the lens & how many tubes you choose to put on.

Shane.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Those are really great bee shots! I'm going to have to look into getting some tubes. Very nicely done!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Good shots :)
    When using extension tubes on a normal lens, the magnification is given by length of tubes in mm/ focal length of lens in mm. So with a full set of kenko tubes and a 70-200mm lens set at 70mm you get a magnification of 68/70 which is very close to the the 1:1 max of a macro lens.
    a standard 50mm lens with a full set of tubes gives you over 1:1 magnification (68/50)
    Brian V.