Options

Updated my Storefront at Lulu

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 4, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
After our beautiful and smart Ann shared her success story with Lulu, I had nothing left but to follow...:bow
Using the tools readily provided by Lulu I gave my storefront a little facelift:
http://www.lulu.com/photosocal (and also added a public calendar made out of our May trip:-) :ivar
While doing that I noticed that one more of my reenactment calendars was purchased - just today:-) Yay, lulu! :barb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Lulu
    Have they always offered a storefront? I have one at Zazzle, but I didn't do a calendar yet... bad me!
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Hi Nik

Nice work. I iloveyou.gif your southwest calendar clap.gif - isn't it amazing that we were on the same trip for 4 days (even in the same van for much of that time, and on the same hikes) and our choice of photographs to display is soooo widely diverse?

I need to work on my descriptions some more and figure out how to advertise this.

My favorite aunt called me last night wanting calendars. Insists that she will be paying for them - of course I do not intend to cash her cheque.

(and thank you for the lovely compliment!)
    ann
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2006
    Dee,
    Dee wrote:
    Have they always offered a storefront? I have one at Zazzle, but I didn't do a calendar yet... bad me!

By default lulu's storefronts are pretty bland. They now offer some basic tools (which I used) as well as complete CSS support (which I didn't due to the lack of the whole CSS experience).

And thank you very much for reminding about Zazzle! I do have account there but I don't use it nearly as much as I should've. We have a saying that can be roughly translated as "[hen feeds itself] a grain at a time" :-)

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2006
    Ann,
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi Nik
    Nice work. I iloveyou.gif your southwest calendar clap.gif - isn't it amazing that we were on the same trip for 4 days (even in the same van for much of that time, and on the same hikes) and our choice of photographs to display is soooo widely diverse?

And I think yours is sooooo much better:-)
    BTW, I honestly think it's underpriced: 12 b-e-a-utiful 8x10 pictures for $19.50- less than $2 a picture eek7.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gifdeal.gif
    Ann McRae wrote:
    I need to ... figure out how to advertise this
    Yep, that's the hardest point.

Ann McRae wrote:
    (and thank you for the lovely compliment!)
    ann
    The pleasure is totally mine! iloveyou.gif

Cheers! 1drink.gif
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Dee wrote:

Dee - I just looked at your dazzle site again - you've changed it since I last looked. It looks pretty darn good!!!thumb.gif

Does it work for you - is it effective for sales?

How do you promote it?

ann