Options

Two sites or one or one 1/2 for two purposes

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited December 26, 2004 in SmugMug Support
ginger here, is there a way to have a professional site with banner et al, and a site for friends and family with professional type features. Two sites, kind of, that serve two purposes. All this without paying twice, as in paying for two sites.

As an example, I love Andy's pro site, but where does he keep his family and "stuff".

my son will help me with a banner, but I would not want it on both places, just to sell prints.

Does this make sense?

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2004
    sharegroups
    ginger,

learn about sharegroups and private albums

i have over 100 galleries on my site but only six are in view to the public :D

you only need one site on smugmug.

after you read, post your questions here and i'm sure they'll get answered deal.gif
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2004
    I have photos on many different free sites. It'd be nice if Smugmug could import these automatically with the entry of the linked page. Otherwise i will have a lot of work to download and re-upload them!
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    You might wanna check
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I have photos on many different free sites. It'd be nice if Smugmug could import these automatically with the entry of the linked page. Otherwise i will have a lot of work to download and re-upload them!
    .. if those site provide some sort of API to get ahold of the images, so it's actually possible to download them in the first place.
    Or maybe they provide a service similar to smugmug's backup, so you can actually get them locally.

BTW, it's really unsafe practice NOT to have your originals/albums with you, especially taking into account volume and price of the modern HDDs. If you had them locally (on CDs/DVDs/HDDs/etc) uploading to smugmug would not be such a big labor..

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    I have Terrabytes of photos. I wonder if that will count against my bandwidth limits, or are those limits for viewers only?