Options

NYC Sweet Sixteen Portrait Location

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited December 21, 2006 in Location, Location, Location!
this might be a long shot, but i had to ask if anyone knows a place (preferably in brooklyn) where i can do some portraits for a sweet sixteen. the sweet sixteen is THIS FRIDAY, aka BLACK FRIDAY.

one of my favorite parks is the brooklyn bridge park, between the brooklyn bridge and manhattan bridge. the sweet sixteen girl said "no, everybody has pictures there." i understand what she's saying, but i wish she didn't feel that way, that park has beautiful views.

they live very close to prospect park. i don't know anything about that park, but i believe they want to go somewhere else. another option is central park, but i don't think i want to deal with black friday traffic in nyc.

i also suggested the beach or coney island, but those were rejected as well.

it doesn't have to be a park necessarily, but anywhere to shoot would be fantastic.

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Prospect park has a zillion different locations. Given good weather, you'll find something for sure.

How about the promenade, at the end of Montague Street?
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    thanks andy, i'll see what they think of that location. we'll be shooting at about 4pm, i'm trying to figure out what the light would be like at that time. i'm imagining that from that spot, i would be facing the sun directly.
  • Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Hy Bing,

Roosevelt Island has some interesting shot possibilities. Near the tram you can get a bakground of the UN, and some other buildings in Manhattan.

108205154-M.jpg

I don't know how hard ti would be for you to get there. Where in Brooklyn are you going to be?
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    I think this was last Friday though. :)

Has anyone ever shot in Bryant Park? I had an occassion to happen upon that park on a visit this summer and it is gorgeous.

Brett
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    I think this was last Friday though. :)

Has anyone ever shot in Bryant Park? I had an occassion to happen upon that park on a visit this summer and it is gorgeous.

Brett
    nod.gif and now, it's got a skating rink for the winter
  • Options
    esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    nod.gif and now, it's got a skating rink for the winter
    I was just there, but only had about 3 minutes to shoot. It is a beautiful scene though. thumb.gif