Options

San Francisco on christmas day

obelixobelix Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited December 26, 2004 in Landscapes
Benefit of visiting the city on christmas day, you can run to the middle of the road and get such shots:

Red light!

DSC_8800.jpg

Hmm, what did he call it?

DSC_8848.jpg

Looking up

DSC_8850.jpg

Walking towards the pier

DSC_8858.jpg

Upside down

DSC_8870.jpg

Parallel parking

DSC_8881.jpg

Shopping for bath salt

DSC_8871.jpg

Brr, it is so cold I could use one of those

DSC_8897.jpg

2 for 15

DSC_8898.jpg

Critiques, comments welcome.

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    Wow. Makes me wish I had my camera out today! I feel so ashamed....
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    Great series Anand! I don't recognize the walkway by pier 39, but I like the shot a lot.

My other favorite is the coats. Good texture, color & DOF.

I just finished my night shots of the bridge. It got real cold out there, and an extra coat would have been great.

Do you get any vacation days between Christmas and New Years? I'd like to get together again for some city shots, perhaps night shots too. I'll keep an eye on the weather.

Thanks for sharing.
    Dave
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    Looks like you had a good Christmas. Amazing re the lack of traffic. 25 years ago it was like that in the Charleston, SC area, too.

We drive to Charlotte on Christmas day, 25 yrs ago, we never saw a car, could have stood in the middle of the hiway to take shots. Kind of a Silent Day, Peaceful Day thing. The song has changed, traffic on Christmas, now, is like traffic used to be on a weekday.

We were driving, I had my camera, very grey and dull. Not dismal, that was the plus side. I got good family shots.

Favorites and memorable were of my excited dogs sniffing the baby while I held him. I made it as easy as I could for the dogs and bill, the photographer. The exprssion on the mother's face was priceless. I guess I can never hold the baby again..............but it was worth it.

I got a UV lens filter for my scrAtched walk about 72mm lens. Needed one, it was on my list.

They all loved their calendars, I think. The Yo-Yos were a hit for the boys age 7 to 18. Better than the 10.00 gift certificates last year. I highly recommend yo-yos, all ages.

I might upload here and put the photos on a CD to take home. If so I will post a few.

Andy, we ate very well. Expect to eat all day today: turkey sandwiches are my favorite. Lots of mayo and white bread. Also left overs of all kinds. It was a great spread.

Maybe I should run a contest, or suggestion list for domain names for my site that I will be working on with my son, if we all get a chance. May have to stay an extra day. Will tell my daughter.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2004
    Oh, that was a great Christmas day series, Anand........ clap.gif

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2004
    Thanks luckyrwe
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Wow. Makes me wish I had my camera out today! I feel so ashamed....
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2004
    Thanks Dave. The walkway is from the public parking garage opposite to the pier. From level 3, you can walk directly into the pier.

My office is moving next week :), we just released our product on thursday and we have to pack and move, I might be able to snatch some time, but most of the folks are in vacation, so the 2-3 of us remaining will have to fix the new place, ie, no work, but lots of work :)

Let us try to catch up some day. As I told some one before, my day care decides what I do, may be I should just lug my daughter with me :), she loves the city.
    dkapp wrote:
    Great series Anand! I don't recognize the walkway by pier 39, but I like the shot a lot.

My other favorite is the coats. Good texture, color & DOF.

I just finished my night shots of the bridge. It got real cold out there, and an extra coat would have been great.

Do you get any vacation days between Christmas and New Years? I'd like to get together again for some city shots, perhaps night shots too. I'll keep an eye on the weather.

Thanks for sharing.
    Dave
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Oh, that was a great Christmas day series, Anand........ clap.gif

ginger
    Thanks ginger :)