Options

licensing images, what do you do?

ahaasahaas Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited December 8, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Do any of you sell commercial or personal licensing of your images? I am simply curious what the common normal valuation is for such a thing, as I currently do not offer it, but would like to. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    AsmodeusAsmodeus Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 1, 2006
    ahaas wrote:
    Do any of you sell commercial or personal licensing of your images? I am simply curious what the common normal valuation is for such a thing, as I currently do not offer it, but would like to. Your thoughts?

You're market is much different than mine, and I don't charge all that much for digital downloads. About 30% of my sales have been downloads, usually of the 4 Mpix size, for which I only charge $10. But the nature of my sales here are focused on the people that would be buying snapshots anyway, so the DD is actually more profitable for me.
  • Options
    ahaasahaas Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    Thanks for the response...
    Asmodeus wrote:
    You're market is much different than mine, and I don't charge all that much for digital downloads. About 30% of my sales have been downloads, usually of the 4 Mpix size, for which I only charge $10. But the nature of my sales here are focused on the people that would be buying snapshots anyway, so the DD is actually more profitable for me.