Options

Blogs @ SmugMug

kris10kris10 Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited December 11, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I did a search here to see if I could find anything about blogging and smugmug but didn't see anything so I thought I'd go ahead and post a thread. I'm wondering if Smugmug does the "blog" thing too? I'm interested in having a blog also but wasn't sure if there was an easy way to accomplish this. I've used blogger.com before and they're pretty good but I wanted to find out if SmugMug did anything like that.
* My Mug *

~ * ~ Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young ~ * ~

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
  • Options
    kris10kris10 Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Wow, my eyes are hurting from reading all that. Now i'm just confRused with all that tech type talk. headscratch.gif But that's okay. I may one day figure out what all that was about...if not...I'll stick with Blogger for now I reckon.

Thanks Andy for the links though. I appreciate it. You're like the fastest responder on a forum that I've met in my life. Too cool! thumb.gif
    * My Mug *

~ * ~ Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young ~ * ~
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    For what it's worth, I use wordpress.com to blog and I keep my photos on my SmugMug site. I just embed photos in my posts and make them clickable back to my SmugMug gallery.

Often, I'll caption the photos in that gallery to add to "the story" and refer people who read my blog to the gallery for more details.

-Anne
  • Options
    limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    I use blogger as well and embed my smugmug photos in my blogger posts, here is an example:
    http://limbik.blogspot.com/2005/12/jmc-232-presspressay.html

It was as easy as adding a regular picture, I simply used the url from the medium or large image in the "links, forums, blogs" on smugmug. In blogger all you do is insert an image from a url.

Although, I must say a smugmug foray into the blog arena would be exciting. Since the neato features you could get from direct integration and their fantastic theme support would make for one nice blog system.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    My two cents-- I tried out blogspot but like the wordpress interface much better. Started my blog mainly as a way to promote/link to my SM site. Nice little tool for that-- especially when it comes to the search engines. Just make sure to link back to your SM site with every blog post-- the search engines seem to really, really like that!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+