FS: NEW Sigma 70-200 EX DG Macro, Nikon.

Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
edited December 11, 2006 in Nikon Land
After some heavy hits to my wallet, some arduous testing and deep consideration, I've got a brand new Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX DG Macro that I'm going to let go of. (I decided to keep a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX Macro and 50-150 f/2.8 EX DC.)

I can't justify the size and heft compared to the 50-150, nor can I foresee the extra reach on the long end being more useful than the bit I give up on the wide end, compared to the 50-150. Finally, I realized how addicted I am to the "true macro" that the 150mm affords me, (1:1 reproduction), and the sharpness that it affords at those close distances...

However, the 70-200 is no slouch. It is allegedly sharper than the Nikon 70-200 when stopped down, while the Nikon takes a slight edge wide open. I've also shot with Nikon's 80-200 and 70-200, both are amazing lenses. I think the Sigma 70-200 stacks up 95% of the way, for 50% of the cost!

I'll be asking $850 shipped, with un-filled USA papers ready to go. Current retail at Adorama is $890 w/o shipping.

I can post pictures etc. upon request.

Take care,
-Matt-
My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum

Comments

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Something just came in the mail today that I had totally forgot about. I now have a 77mm Hoya Super HMC Pro1 filter that I was going to use on the 70-200, but since I'm selling the 70-200...

How about $900 for the lens, filter included, and shipped? The lens alone sells for $890 + $10 shipping, and the filter is $95.

The lens is still within the 30 day period within which you can send in the warranty registration card!

If I don't get any replies within the next couple days, it's going up on Ebay...

-Matt-
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    143 views, no nibbles. It's on Ebay now, everybody, go hunt it down if you want it!

-Matt-