Options

Issue with apostrophe in new album name using REST 1.1.1

peterparkerpeterparker Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
I'm not able to create an album with an apostrophe/single quote via smugmug.albums.create. Either sending the apostrophe through encoded (%27) or not encoded results in a backslash being placed in the string before the apostrophe. Guessing this is the PHP urlencode function?

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 5, 2006
    I'm not able to create an album with an apostrophe/single quote via smugmug.albums.create. Either sending the apostrophe through encoded (%27) or not encoded results in a backslash being placed in the string before the apostrophe. Guessing this is the PHP urlencode function?

Thanks I will get Don to look at it. thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2006
    Thanks David. Sounds like [FONT=Verdana, Arial]magic_quotes maybe turned on in php.ini? Not sure why it works fine through the SM web interface though...
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2006
    Anything? I'll be glad to do any encoding that will let the apostrophe go through correctly.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 12, 2006
    Anything? I'll be glad to do any encoding that will let the apostrophe go through correctly.

I have sent an email to Don about this, but I haven't had a chance to follow up directly yet.

Will let you know when i hear something.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos