Clients and Deaths

13»

Comments

• ThompThomp Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 13, 2006
    Heartfelt "Thank You" to everyone
    Hello all. I am Haley's Uncle and yesterday I heard about the gift given to my Sister and Parents (Haley's Mom and GPs). After some Google'ing, I found this post.

I want to personally thank everyone involved in this effort on behalf of myself and my family. Yesterday would have been Haley's 6th birthday, and the thought and care put into your gift has been a bright spot in a very dark time for our family. The collages are beautiful and I am left speechless by the heart and kindness shown in creating them. You're work is very much appreciated.

-James T.
    Melbourne Beach, FL
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Thomp wrote:
    Hello all. I am Haley's Uncle and yesterday I heard about the gift given to my Sister and Parents (Haley's Mom and GPs). After some Google'ing, I found this post.

I want to personally thank everyone involved in this effort on behalf of myself and my family. Yesterday would have been Haley's 6th birthday, and the thought and care put into your gift has been a bright spot in a very dark time for our family. The collages are beautiful and I am left speechless by the heart and kindness shown in creating them. You're work is very much appreciated.

-James T.
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Hi James, thanks for joining us and posting here. We're all saddened by your loss, such a terrible thing. We just wanted to do what little we could to help.
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 13, 2006
    I'm stunned and will never forget this. Haley was so adorable it must be an unimaginable loss for the family, but to see so many good people come forward on their behalf is truly inspiring.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Children come into our lives as gifts, to love and raise as best we know how, I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose a child, not being a parent myself.........

The folks on this forum continue to shine in their ability to give from the heart when needs arise.

A single act of kindness can impact so deeply on a persons life, and you folks have given this family some wonderful memories to remember their precious little girl by ......
    I am so proud of you guys clap.gif I am sure Hayley's family are too.
    ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Hello everyone, here's a update with photo's.

The banquet went very well, I believe everyone there came by and viewed Haley's Collages made by Dee and Nikos, some parents had tears in their eyes. The president of the league started the event by talking about Haley, then breaking down for nearly 5 min, along with most of us, shortly thereafter he asked me to come up and explain what took place, I told them about this wonderful community here and Smugmug, explained to them the hearts of a Grandmother In San Fran, and a father in New Jersey made collages possible. Haley's Coach "Mary" said her mother wasn’t ready to see the photos yet and she would keep them until she was. Well, I recieved a call from Haley's grandmother yesterday morning, she said Haley’s mom decided she could see the photo's, so Mary took the photo’s over and the family loved them. Now the grandmother wants to order 1 each of the 20x30 and 2 each of the 8x12’s and all of them framed, she said she would pay whatever it cost. I told her she could have them at my cost thru SM,

Dee and Nikos, thank you SO MUCH for your efforts and talents.

I had very little room for the photos and I struggled with the glare from the ceiling lights on the glass. Dee and Nikos, I have other photos if you would like them Just e-mail or PM me.

Thomp, welcome to a great online community and a fabulous company named Smugmug. Your family has had alot of prayers and good thoughts here and In Fayette and Tuscaloosa Counties.

116683813-L.jpg
    116683748-L.jpg
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited December 13, 2006
    How beautiful!! You did an excellent job of putting this together Brad.

My heartfelt condolences and prayers to friends and family. Losing a child is the biggest tragedy a parent can experience.

I always knew we had some very special folks here. This confirms it. As with Milan, you folks brought more than one tear to this old man's eyes.
    I love ya man iloveyou.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Onrey wrote:
    I told her she could have them at my cost thru SM,

...which will be $0. Send me an email with the order #s Onrey and I'll void the charges. As many/whatever you decide she wants. Send it to my attention at the help desk. It's the least we could do.Thanks.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Thanks for the update
    I was wondering what happened but I figured you were busy. I'm glad to see the photos and hear about the response to the collages Nikos and I did. They look fantastic framed. I hope this sad situation was helped by your thoughtfullnes.

Dee
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 13, 2006
    My condolences to the family :cry
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Wow, Brad. Very moving.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2006
    Dee, I'm sorry it took so long, but yes Ive been busy, I'm a forest ranger/Wildland firefighter by day, and it's been dry and windy, I have been fighting fires alot lately, but got some rain Tuesday. When I wasn't putting out fires I had photo gigs.

Andy or Steve, I ordered the photo's and sent you (steve) the order #, thanks so much again. Folks this is truely a great community.
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff