Options

I want GLASS !!!!!!!!!

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited December 28, 2004 in Wildlife
Biggest tropical storm for the year bearing down 30 mins away & a full moon rising into the abyss.

And i have a 3x lens :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

13261464-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 27, 2004
    Santa didn't make a stop in Oz? :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Biggest tropical storm for the year bearing down 30 mins away & a full moon rising into the abyss.

And i have a 3x lens :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

13261464-S.jpg

My Panasonic FZ-10 would be perfect. I love that camera. Even w/ my DSLR's, it still gets used :D

Dave
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited December 27, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    My Panasonic FZ-10 would be perfect. I love that camera. Even w/ my DSLR's, it still gets used :D

Dave
    Dave, 'gus has expressed in interest in puchasing a DMC-FZ10- to replace his Olympus as an alternative to a D70 or 20D DSLR. I am sure he would appreciate your thoughts in this regard as to quality and usefullness. There has been an extensive discussion here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=4319
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2004
    I would like to see some full zoom low light stuff if you have it dave.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    I would like to see some full zoom low light stuff if you have it dave.

I don't have much up full zoom low light, but I have taken crisp full zoom at 1/4 sec shots. The IS is amazing on the camera. It actually works. The only down side to the camera is *.jpg only files. I've not had a problem with this, but some do.

Here is one of my favorites from the camera. For a 4mp prosumer camera, the print quality is on par with my DSLR's. I've sold a bunch of these at 13"x19" and they are flawless. The leica f/2.8 lens quality is amazing. The color and sharpness is noticeably better than my Sony f707.

10931774-M.jpg

How much would shipping be to your area from the States? I can send the camera for you to try if you like. Buying a camera w/o have a chance to test it out has to be the hardest decision to make.

Dave
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    How much would shipping be to your area from the States? I can send the camera for you to try if you like. Buying a camera w/o have a chance to test it out has to be the hardest decision to make.

Dave
    Very generu..genir..generou.. nice of you Dave. Thanks for the offer. I have a large camera store maybe 5 miles away that claims to be the largest in the southern hemisphere ...yep we kick Paraguays arse. So im going to see them shortly & ask for an extended demo.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2004
    I had no idea a camera like this existed. Thanks guys... just read up on it on dpreview. Seems very cool, 36-400mm equiv, fixed f/2.8, wow! especially for the money!
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 28, 2004
    Now its mocking me....:cry

13317719-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2004
    i'm very impressed with the sharpness of that Leica lens... hey gus, I'm assuming thats a shot from the demo?
    Erik

• Options
    edited December 28, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    i'm very impressed with the sharpness of that Leica lens... hey gus, I'm assuming thats a shot from the demo?
    Surprised myself mate...that is my little olympus 3x with a bit of digital zoom thrown in for good measure.

Oh...& then cropped to hell.
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Surprised myself mate...that is my little olympus 3x with a bit of digital zoom thrown in for good measure.

Oh...& then cropped to hell.
    in that case, hat's off to your Oly! Cropped to hell is usually a sure fire way to "looks like crap".
    Erik