Options

newmie entry

mrmikemrmike Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited December 16, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm new to the forum , and i thought it would be great to start by tossing a photo into the challenge . Here are a couple different versions , I personally think i've narrowed it down , but just thought i would thro them out there to hear the responses

Machines - at first I thought - tough, so i did some research into the defination ( wikipedia .... my other new favorite site ) and came up with great info

" The scientific definition of a machine is any device that transmits or modifies energy. In common usage, the meaning is restricted to devices that perform or assist in performing useful work. It normally requires some energy source ("input") and accomplishes some sort of work."

it give so many examples of the many different types of machines . .... where should i start , ??? why not at the begining ,

my possible entries are multiple machines in the sense that they not only preform work , but in turn they transfer energy to me ....

hope you like them , love to hear your thoughts !!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 16, 2006
    pic 2
    picture 2
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    mrmike wrote:
    I'm new to the forum , and i thought it would be great to start by tossing a photo into the challenge . Here are a couple different versions , I personally think i've narrowed it down , but just thought i would thro them out there to hear the responses

Machines - at first I thought - tough, so i did some research into the defination ( wikipedia .... my other new favorite site ) and came up with great info

" The scientific definition of a machine is any device that transmits or modifies energy. In common usage, the meaning is restricted to devices that perform or assist in performing useful work. It normally requires some energy source ("input") and accomplishes some sort of work."

it give so many examples of the many different types of machines . .... where should i start , ??? why not at the begining ,

my possible entries are multiple machines in the sense that they not only preform work , but in turn they transfer energy to me ....

hope you like them , love to hear your thoughts !!
    Hi Mike,

welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

You seem to have linked to your webpages, instead of to your images directly, therefor they are not showing up. Make sure you link to your images directly, so to http://......./image1.jpg instead of http://......../page1.html

I hope this helps. Holler if you need more help thumb.gif

EDIT: I see you've solved the problem :D
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2006
    picture 3
    picture 3
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2006
    newbie question
    why am i only allowed to post 1 photo per post ???

darn new guy
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2006
    thank you ivar
    i'll try it again next time

ivar wrote:
    Hi Mike,

welcome to dgrin! wave.gif

You seem to have linked to your webpages, instead of to your images directly, therefor they are not showing up. Make sure you link to your images directly, so to http://......./image1.jpg instead of http://......../page1.html

I hope this helps. Holler if you need more help thumb.gif

EDIT: I see you've solved the problem :D
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 16, 2006
    Nice idea. Of the three, I like #1 the best, but I would replace the cannisters with the bag of coffee...or at least move the bag so it is not behind the machine. Also, I would try to get the entire handle in the frame.

Good luck,
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    mrmike wrote:
    why am i only allowed to post 1 photo per post ???

darn new guy
    Hi mrmike,

We only allow one attached photo per post for everyone, n00b or nt. But you can post as many inline as you want (link them from your homepage)

See here on how to do that. Hope this helps.