Pay it foward, part 3

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited December 17, 2006 in The Kitchen Sink
I've sent on the book "The Thinking Photographer" mentioned in this thread to bkriete. I believe that tittleton is next. PM him and he'll send the book on to you. All you have to do is agree to send it on to the next interested party.

In short (for those of you who are too lazy to look at the other thread) the book is about thinking about your shot, and working it until you find the most powerful shot you can. Study, move, think and spend time with a subject instead of just snap and run. It's a bit dated looking, but still a useful tool for getting the brain going.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    I've sent on the book "The Thinking Photographer" mentioned in this thread to bkriete. I believe that tittleton is next. PM him and he'll send the book on to you. All you have to do is agree to send it on to the next interested party.

In short (for those of you who are too lazy to look at the other thread) the book is about thinking about your shot, and working it until you find the most powerful shot you can. Study, move, think and spend time with a subject instead of just snap and run. It's a bit dated looking, but still a useful tool for getting the brain going.
    Sign me up, I will also PM tittleton.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Where is this book?

Who's next?
    Moderator Emeritus
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Where is this book?

Who's next?

let me know if you need the 'pay it forward police' - they carry wiffle bats deal.gif
    edited August 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    let me know if you need the 'pay it forward police' - they carry wiffle bats deal.gif
    Coincidentallly, I messaged tlittleton just the other day, according to him the book is still at bkriete, he said he is too busy and for bkriete to send it directly to me. I copied bkriet on our PM exchange. After I am done with it I will send it to tlittleton.

Informingly,

XO,
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Well DavidTO pointed me to this old as heck thread because the book sounded interesting to me. Is that still in dgrin pif circulation anywhere?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited May 24, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Well DavidTO pointed me to this old as heck thread because the book sounded interesting to me. Is that still in dgrin pif circulation anywhere?

a double woohoo for subscribed threads.

I have the book, just rediscovered it in my last move, I know I am a bum, but please, let me know who is next, and send me a PM with a name and address and it will be in the mail.

XO,
    Mark Twain

edited May 24, 2006
    Might as well be Mike.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • is300soonis300soon Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    the book can be found on half.com for $4.00 shipped

David
    edited December 17, 2006
    Bump.