Options

How do I?

buso23buso23 Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited December 24, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Hi,
I have two computers (one laptop and one desktop) and one internet cable conection. I bought a Gembird switching hub and would like to plug in the internet connection in it and have the other two computers plugged in there so that they could use that connection. Both of my computers have network cards and I have bought network cable for both of them.

Now I have the internet connection cable plugged in the hub and the other two cables plugged in it as well. They are also plugged in the computers.

Now how do I set all the things up?

I've tried making a small office connection but honestly I don't know what I am doing biggrin.gif
Can anyone please walk me through the process?

Thanks, Ljupco
Regards from Macedonia, Ljupco

www.ljsphotographyonline.com

Comments

• Options
    buso23buso23 Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2006
    I somehow got it to work but don't know how. On my desktop everything works fine and I can connect to the internet, while on my laptop I have a limeted local area conection icon but I can also connect to the internet. I also tried accsessing the shared folder on my desktop and the laptop froze. Don't know what's going on, but I'm glad clap.gifthat I have internet on both my computers.
    Regards from Macedonia, Ljupco

www.ljsphotographyonline.com
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2006
    You shouldn't have to "set up" anything. You obviously have them plugged in correctly and everything should be fine from there.

As far as networking between the two - make sure that they both belong to the same workgroup (google if you need to).