Options

Vmware fusion beta

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited December 29, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
I've been using this with my macbook for work and, boy, it's been a lifesaver. I've used it for running linux as a guest of OS X, not windows, but that saved a ton of last minute work.

VMWare has a couple of huge advantages over Parallels: it's very mature and stable; and it allows the guest OS to use more than one processor. I know this works since my current application is very parallel and it goes exactly twice as fast when I tell VMWare to allow the guest to use that second processor.

So far I've banged on it pretty hard and nothing you could call a bug at all. Pretty good for beta.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    Vmware fusion does look very nice. I am currently running the latest beta of parallels and they have added some awesome features. Keep in mind i run almost no SMP compliant applications in windows so i dont really have a need for both processors. Anyway some of the new features include being able to boot off your bootcamp partition using parallels and "coherence mode" so windows applications look like they are part of the mac desktop. There is a bunch of other new features as well. Not saying its better then vmware, just pointing out the newer features.
    -Paul