Options

changeSettings AlbumID=# command not working

kansaschuckkansaschuck Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
I've been trying to get the changeSettings AlbumID= command to work. What I want to do is to evaluate photo info and move to an new gallery from the inbound email gallery.

http://api.smugmug.com/hack/rest/?method=smugmug.images.changeSettings&SessionID=?&ImageID=?AlbumID=?&APIKey=?

Has anyone had any success with this command? I'm ending up with my pics lost in some gallery neverland. The movement is critical to my project. Any advice is appreciated! Not sure how to proceed. I'm fairly new here.

Below is the info from a past attempt.

rsp stat="ok"
method>smugmug.images.changeSettings
result>1
/rsp

Thumbnail of pic being move remains visible in orginal gallery (2112345) after gallery switch. When you click on thumbnail you go to link:

http://www.iamareporter.smugmug.com/...60/1/111639588

With the message "
This is a brand new gallery with no photos."

In gallery 2119660 (destination gallery) I do not see the photo.

This exercise is an attempt to move from EMAIL (2112345) to 2119660

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 10, 2006
    Hi Chuck,

I put a list of issues together for Don yesterday...and I unfortunately forgot this one.

I will email him again now.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2006
    getting closer......
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Chuck,

I put a list of issues together for Don yesterday...and I unfortunately forgot this one.

I will email him again now.

Cheers,

David

getting closers...to needing this. mwink.gif
    me and PHP are becoming close friends. I'd like to be moving images from album email to other albums via the API.

Thanks!

Chuck
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2006
    getting closers...to needing this. mwink.gif
    me and PHP are becoming close friends. I'd like to be moving images from album email to other albums via the API.

Thanks!

Chuck
    my testing shows it failing with REST 1.1.1 also. Has anyone had any success with thisAPI command, any release...?
  • Options
    mhilbushmhilbush Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2006
    my testing shows it failing with REST 1.1.1 also. Has anyone had any success with thisAPI command, any release...?
    I had no trouble with this API in REST 1.1.0. I have not had a chance to look at the 1.1.1 version as other problems with 1.1.1 are preventing me from getting to this API.

Mark
    Mark
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2006
    mhilbush wrote:
    I had no trouble with this API in REST 1.1.0. I have not had a chance to look at the 1.1.1 version as other problems with 1.1.1 are preventing me from getting to this API.

Mark

Well it seems to be working a little different as of late. They're being move out of the origin gallery...but they don't seem to end up in the destination gallery

Chuck