Options

Gallery question

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited December 30, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I'm uploading my hockey pictures, I want them to be under the Sports/Action gallery, but I need them to be in two different sections? One for each night I take shots. I have tried the help menu and it doesn't help me to much.

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 30, 2004
    Unfortunately, placing them in two positions is not something we do easily at the current time. We've been thinking of ways to accomodate this but we don't have any set plans in place.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

All the best,
    Baldy
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Unfortunately, placing them in two positions is not something we do easily at the current time. We've been thinking of ways to accomodate this but we don't have any set plans in place.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

All the best,
    Baldy
    Maybe I posted that wrong, I have a set of photo's I want to place in said section called Asheville Aces 122404, then from a game from the 26, I want to place them in Asheville Aces 122604, they will be under the Gallery Sports/Action
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    Now you got me confused, too:-)
    Maybe I posted that wrong, I have a set of photo's I want to place in said section called Asheville Aces 122404, then from a game from the 26, I want to place them in Asheville Aces 122604, they will be under the Gallery Sports/Action
    The thing is: if you want the same picture to appear in two defferent galleries/albums (regardless of theit category/subcategory) you have to upload it twice. As Baldy said, SM does not have other immediate solution for this problem (except unlimited space:-).

If, however, all you need is to have half of the pictures in different gallery - then you can either upload them separately, or upload once and then move those you want to another gallery.

AFAIK, there is nothing else you can do at this point.

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    Nikolai wrote:
    The thing is: if you want the same picture to appear in two defferent galleries/albums (regardless of theit category/subcategory) you have to upload it twice. As Baldy said, SM does not have other immediate solution for this problem (except unlimited space:-).

If, however, all you need is to have half of the pictures in different gallery - then you can either upload them separately, or upload once and then move those you want to another gallery.

AFAIK, there is nothing else you can do at this point.

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    Ok, that kinda bums me out, I have all my hockey photo's uploaded to Sports/Action section, There is two games sets there and I wanted to put them into their own subcatagory if I can, but I guess I can. The sub's would be AA 122404, and AA 122604.

Oh well guess I'll just have them all in Sports/Action catagory.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    Ok, that kinda bums me out, I have all my hockey photo's uploaded to Sports/Action section, There is two games sets there and I wanted to put them into their own subcatagory if I can, but I guess I can. The sub's would be AA 122404, and AA 122604.

Oh well guess I'll just have them all in Sports/Action catagory.
    headscratch.gif I think you can do what you want. Just create two sub-categories in the Sports/Action category. Move the pics from 12/24 into one, and the pics from 12/26 into the other. Am I missing something? ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    headscratch.gif I think you can do what you want. Just create two sub-categories in the Sports/Action category. Move the pics from 12/24 into one, and the pics from 12/26 into the other. Am I missing something? ne_nau.gif
    I have two created but can't seem to find how to move them into each sub cat?
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    Are moving galleries(=albums) or pictures?
    In any case - make sure target category/subcategory already exists.
    To move gallery=album - go to its customize page and change category/subcategory

To move pictures:
    1. make sure target gallery=album exists
    2. go to the image level (so <<Photo Tools>> combobox is visible)
    3. go to this combobox and select Move Photos
    4. Follow the instructions..
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    Nikolai wrote:
    In any case - make sure target category/subcategory already exists.
    To move gallery=album - go to its customize page and change category/subcategory

To move pictures:
    1. make sure target gallery=album exists
    2. go to the image level (so <<Photo Tools>> combobox is visible)
    3. go to this combobox and select Move Photos
    4. Follow the instructions..
    HTH

I must be missing something somewhere, when I customize the gallery it moves all the photos into one or the other. I can't find a way to move the set from 1226's game into the 1226 catagory.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    Under each photo is a drop down menu that says "Photo Tools."

Click on the "Photo Tools" drop down menu. Your 15th and 16th choices are "Move Photos" and "Move Photos (Expert)".

Click on "Move Photos (Expert)". It will show all the photos in the gallery you're in. Beside each photo is a drop down menu. Right now, it shows the gallery the photo is in. But if you click on the drop down menu beside each photo, you'll see all of your galleries. Just click on the one to which you want to move the photo. Do it for each photo. Then click on the little box on the very bottom left of the screen, under all of the photos, that says "Move."

Voila!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Under each photo is a drop down menu that says "Photo Tools."

Click on the "Photo Tools" drop down menu. Your 15th and 16th choices are "Move Photos" and "Move Photos (Expert)".

Click on "Move Photos (Expert)". It will show all the photos in the gallery you're in. Beside each photo is a drop down menu. Right now, it shows the gallery the photo is in. But if you click on the drop down menu beside each photo, you'll see all of your galleries. Just click on the one to which you want to move the photo. Do it for each photo. Then click on the little box on the very bottom left of the screen, under all of the photos, that says "Move."

Voila!
    Yea I got that, do I need to create a gallery within Sports/Action for it to work? I went on the main page and created two subcats but can't move them into those.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    Nevermind I think I got it :)
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2004
    Nevermind I think I got it :)
    thumb.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2004
    It would be easier to pick "move photos" and not "move photos (expert)". Using this mehtod you can select/toggle all the ones to be moved to other gallery. Select the other gallery at the top of page and they all get moved at once.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog