Options

proof delay - notification?

pigeonpigeon Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
edited January 3, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Just getting started, and still figuring things out. I have a proof delay in printing set up. For testing, I logged in and ordered some prints. I received my email notification of the order that I placed, but didn't receive any type of notification letting me know that an order was placed so that I could tweak the photos.

Is SmugMug smart enough to know that it was me, so it didn't need to let me know??

Also, I ordered some of the same print - both as true color and auto. Will I be able to tell which photo is which when I receive them?

thanks,
teresa

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 3, 2007
    pigeon wrote:
    Just getting started, and still figuring things out. I have a proof delay in printing set up. For testing, I logged in and ordered some prints. I received my email notification of the order that I placed, but didn't receive any type of notification letting me know that an order was placed so that I could tweak the photos.

Is SmugMug smart enough to know that it was me, so it didn't need to let me know??

Also, I ordered some of the same print - both as true color and auto. Will I be able to tell which photo is which when I receive them?

thanks,
    teresa

Hi Teresa,

If you want your order to show up in your pro sales, you will need to make that order logged out. Right now, your own orders will not show up because your pro pricing is not in effect while you are logged in. When you buy your own photos, you pay default prices. Make sense?

The auto color photos will be brighter.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Yes, that makes sense. But I'm wondering - how *would* I get notified if someone else placed an order? via email? I'm guessing that because I placed the order logged in, I wasn't notified, but if you were to order a print, I'd be notified somehow?

Also, I'm wondering if there is a thread (or poll) that lists what prices folks charge for their prints? I've poked around and I've seen quite a few, but I wondered what a larger sampling would show? (Yes, I realize that the price I set can't be based on someone else's - I'm just curious!)

thanks,
    teresa
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Teresa,

If you want your order to show up in your pro sales, you will need to make that order logged out. Right now, your own orders will not show up because your pro pricing is not in effect while you are logged in. When you buy your own photos, you pay default prices. Make sense?

The auto color photos will be brighter.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 3, 2007
    pigeon wrote:
    Yes, that makes sense. But I'm wondering - how *would* I get notified if someone else placed an order? via email? I'm guessing that because I placed the order logged in, I wasn't notified, but if you were to order a print, I'd be notified somehow?

Also, I'm wondering if there is a thread (or poll) that lists what prices folks charge for their prints? I've poked around and I've seen quite a few, but I wondered what a larger sampling would show? (Yes, I realize that the price I set can't be based on someone else's - I'm just curious!)

thanks,
    teresa

Yes, you are notified via email that someone has purchased your photos, giving you the opportunity to check the order out.

You might want to check out this forum:

http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Hi, you'll get an email. Why not place an order? Set a gallery, with penny-over pricing. Buy a few prints (be sure you are logged out, or better yet, use a 2nd browser - we LOVE Firefox, it's free from www.mozilla.com!).

Then you'll see the whole process :)

Pricing? Post in MYOB Forum. Lots of your peers here to help you.