Options

Wedding day part 2 (or I'm gonna catch me a fish)

photographersfrontphotographersfront Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited February 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Yeah I am inviting critique here. Actually I took this shot at the reception and I have no idea what to do with it. I want to put it in the album somehow but just not sure how yet.

(I am trying to keep these small for those who may be on dialup, if you want to see larger I can do it, we have the technology!)

And here we have....The Bouqet

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2004
    sorry...i'm gonna let someone else bite on this one. :)
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    fish wrote:
    sorry...i'm gonna let someone else bite on this one. :)
    Ohhh, the fish left me hangin' and everyone else for that matter. :D
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Well my only thought would be a digital reworking of the bouquet.
    For instance : I use Corel mostly but I would use a Lasso mask to cut out the bouquet of flowers(hopefully you have a full shot that one looks cut off)

I would then place the bouquet on another picture white blank for instance and layer or paste the flowers on it using a high transparency or opacity I would then incorperate this with other images to make Title picture if it came out.

Now I am not preaching that I am a good Photographer but I do profess to have manipulated plenty of images for web designs . And making signature images for online friends.

A shot of their hands together with wedding rings with a ghost of the bouquet incorperated . Catch where I am going here?

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    attachment.php?attachmentid=372&stc=1

Like this Kinda but this bear in mind this is only a 2 minute fix Quality work would take hours
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    See there ya go I went up took your bait swallowed your hook and broke the line.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 19, 2004
    Ohhh, the fish left me hangin' and everyone else for that matter. :D
    Weddings are tough work. Sometimes you need to make lemonaid from the
    lemons (sorry). I was going to make a suggesting similar to Shakey's.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    Thanks for the reply and ideas shakey. One of these days I will get the hang of this wedding photo stuff. Product photography is so easy compared to working with humans! I have never had a soup can get po'ed at me if I flub a shot and ask for a retake!
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    *chomp*

direct flash blows out the colors. black background is stark. composition cut off the top of the bouquet, and there's just no love in the shot.

sorry. ne_nau.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    fish wrote:
    *chomp*

direct flash blows out the colors. black background is stark. composition cut off the top of the bouquet, and there's just no love in the shot.

sorry. ne_nau.gif
    Sorry, too little too late, someone else has already offered their opinion!:D

Actually the info is there I checked the histogram, I just haven't had time to correct so thats my fault for posting an unfinished image, I just wasn't sure it was worth the effort to work with. I might be able to use it in one of the above ways I just haven't decided yet!
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    *ptoooey* (spits out the bait)
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Weddings
    I love photographing weddings. Sometimes the best shots are blurry and disappointing. Hope you can make the bouquet work. Here's one I did a while ago at a Lake Tahoe wedding.

Sorry, too little too late, someone else has already offered their opinion!:D

Actually the info is there I checked the histogram, I just haven't had time to correct so thats my fault for posting an unfinished image, I just wasn't sure it was worth the effort to work with. I might be able to use it in one of the above ways I just haven't decided yet!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 19, 2004
    Sandy wrote:
    I love photographing weddings. Sometimes the best shots are blurry and disappointing. Hope you can make the bouquet work. Here's one I did a while ago at a Lake Tahoe wedding.
    Me too. It's just when someone's looking for that "perfect" wedding album
    that it falls apart for me. My style is more layed back. Shoot from many feet
    away--makes for some good candids :)

BTW, I like the snow shot.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2004
    Sandy wrote:
    The snow shot is awesome sandy and I love Tahoe, I want to go back someday!
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2004
    That's a cool touch with the tinted flowers. I'll bet her feet were coooooold!
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    fish wrote:
    That's a cool touch with the tinted flowers. I'll bet her feet were coooooold!
    Thanks for the comments. The day of the wedding the sun was shining, the sky was blue and the snow on the ground gave me the opportunity for some great photography. In fact, they liked my free lance photos better than the hired photographers. I have an incredible shot of the bride dancing in the snow.