Options

Questioning your clients-- market analysis

davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited January 6, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello all--

Does anyone send a questionnaire to their clients after the shots are done and the prints are printing? Such questions as client satisfaction, likes, dislikes, suggestions and improvements?

I've recently developed a quick questionnaire using Adobe that allows me to send the questionnaire via email and all the recipient needs is Adobe Reader. The form also has a button that when finished, the client clicks "submit" and the results show up in my inbox and then goes into a data base that gives me the results in a coherent and useful report. So far this questionnaire has slightly changed my websites look, navigation and some methods I have. Whether or not it increases the bottom line has yet to be seen-- but customers seem to be happy that I'm even asking-- and hopefuly happy customers are repeat customers?

So does anyone do anything like this? And if you do how do you do it? Has it helped/changed things? Even increased sales?

Comments

• Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Funny you bring this up! I've done about 10 photoshoots with mainly family and friends and have been able to sort of streamline my site/process because of this - I just asked them outright.

But I've been looking at Zoomerang (free subscription) to collect this data. But I believe it resets after a certain amount of time....

Can you tell me more about your questionnaire? Did you have to purchase a PDF writer? Did you write something to push the data into a database? Or was this a little package?

I definitely want to go that direction (satisfies the other part of my geekiness that SM doesn't!), but haven't gotten that far!

Thanks!
  • Options
    JBurtJBurt Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007

Can you tell me more about your questionnaire? Did you have to purchase a PDF writer? Did you write something to push the data into a database? Or was this a little package?

I definitely want to go that direction (satisfies the other part of my geekiness that SM doesn't!), but haven't gotten that far!

Thanks!

Open Office ( openoffice.org ) will do all of that and even create PDF files. It is open source and free, though donations are encouraged. A great package. I loaded it when I found some of the MS Office suite wasn't backwards compatible. Like Publisher.
    Tis sometimes better to be a big fish in a small pond than to be shark bait.

http://jburtphotos.com
    http://jburtphotos.smugmug.com
    Basic but makin' changes