Options

rating info

trinkotrinko Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited January 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
i'm trying to understand the most popular rating info. i look at my most popular images in my home page. the first one has 5 stars. the rest have no stars. but the second pic doesn't even show up as popular when i do a keyword search on it while later ones do show up as popular

are the stars the only rating of an image? do they reflect the number of thumbs up an image gets?

thanks for any info!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Here's what we say about PhotoRank:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/search-online-photo-album

PhotoRank = popularity

PhotoRank You can increase a photo's rank by moving your mouse over it and clicking the thumbs-up symbol that appears. You can cast one vote per photo.

High PhotoRank You can also rate a photo or gallery with stars when you leave a comment.

There are other factors...like time. Photos from events past will usually be less popular than recent ones.
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    thanks but...
    ok but how can i find out the rank of a photo in terms of some numeric attribute? i didn't see any obvious listing of that on the photo page anywhere.
    Andy wrote:
    Here's what we say about PhotoRank:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/search-online-photo-album

PhotoRank = popularity

PhotoRank You can increase a photo's rank by moving your mouse over it and clicking the thumbs-up symbol that appears. You can cast one vote per photo.

High PhotoRank You can also rate a photo or gallery with stars when you leave a comment.

There are other factors...like time. Photos from events past will usually be less popular than recent ones.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    That's all we have, sorry....
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2007
    thanks.
    Andy wrote:
    That's all we have, sorry....
    it would be interesting to see how many thumbs up or down an image has recieved.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    trinko wrote:
    it would be interesting to see how many thumbs up or down an image has recieved.
    Very interesting!!!!!!
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    CASCAS Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    Photo Rank - Popularity vs. Best
    Re: this and another thread's comments regarding Ranking - for those who would prefer to "compete" for "Best", and find value in that as a means of critique (or even receive direct critique from fellow photographers), it might be useful to offer a "Best" feature, side-by-side with the "Popularity" one. The site www.photo.net has such feature, which might offer some ideas.