Options

1Mpix vs. 4Mpix

TerryPTerryP Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited January 7, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
In the thread http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=39261 this question was asked but not answered:

What are the exact pixel dimensions of the 1 and 4 MP downloads?

I will assume it's 72 resolution. Can anyone answer this one for me?

Thanks

Terry

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    The dimensions of a 4mpix file are 2449x1633

The dimensions of a 1mpix file are 1226x817

Keep in mind these can vary depending on the aspect ratio of the image. Megapixels are the file dimensions in pixels.
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Does anyone have the downloads on thier site? I've been thinking about it, but the whole size of whay they are getting and what they can do with it, has been holding me back.....I'm not sure why....
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    Does anyone have the downloads on thier site? I've been thinking about it, but the whole size of whay they are getting and what they can do with it, has been holding me back.....I'm not sure why....

Sure
    http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/2144279/14/111440402
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:

I use them and have sold several from my Portraits gallery - only AFTER they have purchased. You can see my "rules" and suggested sizes here: http://www.tippiepics.com/imagedownloads

Basically, it says you can only use it for personal use, only suggested to be printed up to 5x7 for the 1MP (although I think it might do okay at 8x10, I don't say that). I also suggest that they use it for Holiday cards, web sites, printing, etc. So far, I've probably sold 5-7 (I can't remember off the top of my head!) and they've been happy.

I price the 4MP very high because I don't want someone getting that because they planned on a huge print and were trying not to pay for one. No one has touched them - and I don't expect to sell many!

HTH!

I personally LOVE this feature! My only "gripe" is that there is no proof delay and I've had someone purchase and unedited one. Fortunately, it didn't really need it, but that could potentially be an issue. (hint hint)
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    Fortunately, it didn't really need it, but that could potentially be an issue. (hint hint)
    You can always email them a new version deal.gif