Options

Pros: Do you sell many "gifts"?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited January 8, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
What I mean by that is do you sell some of the other random things that are offered by Smugmug: coffee cups, coasters, etc, etc.

I ask because I've turned them off for all my pro sales - and I'm only selling luster. I think that sometimes too much being sold can be overwhelming for some people.

But the biggest reason i haven't offered them is because I haven't ordered any of them yet. Well, I've ordered the small puzzle (very cool) and I offer that and the big one. But since i haven't seen the quality nor have I figured out which print best on what, I haven't turned them on. (For example, my mother has a SM site and ordered some coffee mugs - one was GREAT, the others mediocre mainly because of the photos chosen.)

Any comments from others? Am I cutting my bottom line short? Or are these just fun things for family photos?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    I am doing all new galleries as lustre only, mostly for the copyright info on the Fuji paper, and secondly to reduce the number of offerings.

I do have most of the gifts enabled. Surprisingly, my clients like the tote bags, a bit of a surprise. They've also bought magnets, mugs, mouse pads though the latter aren't very necessary in the day of optical mice. Several have mentioned they're interested in the ceramic tiles.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback! I may have to rethink some of these! :D
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    lynnesite wrote:
    I am doing all new galleries as lustre only, mostly for the copyright info on the Fuji paper

Oh dear, I've missed something else....what is the copyright info?? where would I find this!?
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    No, you missed nothing! :D The Fuji paper has a copyright statement on the backside. A very nice feature, about no reproduction without permission.
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    oh wow nice! another reason to take the plunge so to speak...I am setting up pricing in my galleries and think that the lustre is the best way to go!:D