DEAL: MEMORY, all cards (CF, SD, etc)

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited June 1, 2009 in Flea Market
Kingston is offering $50 rebates on the 4 gig compact flash and lesser amounts off smaller cards. You can get them at BH and at Adorama.

BH linky

After rebate, the Kingston 4GB Elite Pro 45X CompactFlash Memory Card is $19.95 at BH. You can also get the 4GB 133X version, but it's more expensive.

Things to note:
1. You must buy from an authorized photo dealer (BH and Adorama are both on the list)
2. You must send within two weeks of purchase
3. Most places are sold out / on back order (see #4)
4. However, if you can call Kingston (use the FAQ number), and they'll give you a special address and extend the deadline for you as long as you bought it before Jan. 31. The rebate will go to them rather than the processing house.
5. Limit two per household.

After the canon rebate issues, I don't really like rebates, but Kingston seem legit. I actually spoke with Kingston people and questioned them when I called them and not some rebate processing house. And I can't bet $19.95 for a 4 GB compact flash card.

If you have any questions, give Kingston a call.

Comments

• El KiwiEl Kiwi Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2007
    Jeez these things are cheap now.
    Constructive criticism always welcome!
    "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
  • esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2007
    Is Kingston a well thought of brand? I have always stuck with Sandisk CF cards.
  • El KiwiEl Kiwi Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    I don't know about their flash cards but their PC memory is good.
    Constructive criticism always welcome!
    "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
  • HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    Adray camera has the 4 gigs in stock. https://www.adraycamera.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1050

I just ordered 2, but beware that shipping to Texas was 12 bucks!:wow
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    esc2476 wrote:
    Is Kingston a well thought of brand? I have always stuck with Sandisk CF cards.

I have the 2GB Elite Pro CF card from Kingston, never had any problems with it. YMMV
  • photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    HiSPL wrote:
    Adray camera has the 4 gigs in stock.
    I just ordered 2, but beware that shipping to Texas was 12 bucks!:wow
    Adorama doesn't have them in stock, but will accept orders (https://www.adorama.com/KGCF4GE.html?sid=1168450942696348). Shipping to CA for 2 of 'em was $8.75.

B&H is out of stock and won't accept an order until they're back in stock. Too bad, because I could have gotten free shipping from B&H (NAPP membership benefit).
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    I called B&H first and they said they don't know when they will be getting more. I didn't know if Adorama would recieve them in time for the rebate either....

Still, 8 gigs of memory for 50 sumthin bucks is a smokin deal!:jose
    edited January 10, 2007
    HiSPL wrote:
    I didn't know if Adorama would recieve them in time for the rebate either....
    I got (automatic?) email back from Adorama saying that the cards were backorder'ed, but that Adorama rarely backorders anything for more than 2 weeks. So hopefully it will go through OK.

(I noted on the comments section of my order that if it doesn't ship by 1/31 to cancel the order)
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    photobug wrote:
    (I noted on the comments section of my order that if it doesn't ship by 1/31 to cancel the order)
    Kingston will still honor the rebates if they arrive after Jan. 31 and if you don't send it in within two weeks due to backorder.

Call them (check the FAQ on the rebate form for the phone number) after you get the cards. They'll give you another address to mail the forms as long as you bought the compact flash before the Jan. 31 deadline. If they come after two weeks of purchase, or come later due to the bakcorder, etc., they told me not to worry and to just give them a call for the alt. addy. They told me not to mail to the address on the rebate form if I don't meet the rules listed there.

I called them three times about this rebate, and spoke with a Kingston rep (not rebate clearing house) each time. Give them a call: 800) 835-6575 (Monday - Friday, 6am - 5pm Pacific Standard Time).

I think most places will be backordered...
  • seawolf66seawolf66 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    Kingston 4gig CF card
    Got e-mail from Adorama.com stating the rebate offer is extended for how long not stated but that should me4an you by it now and they ship to you when they get and you still have the rebate:):):)clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    seawolf66-

“the farther back we look the farther forward we see.”—A. Theodore Kachel
    http://www.lauren-macintosh.com
  • JWilbur26JWilbur26 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    DEAL: SanDisk 2GB SD Card - $14.99 after rebates
    Hi All,

Can't say I've seen prices this low before. Circuit City has the 2gb card for $14.99 after rebates ($99 - $30 instant - $55 rebate)

link is here

www.sunshinestatephotography.com

"There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who can count, and those who can't" :scratch
    ~Anonymous

Please feel free to edit my images...I can only learn from it.
    edited January 27, 2007
    You can get the same deal at adorama.com also till the 1/31/07 already got mine a sent rebate in:D

JWilbur26 wrote:
    Hi All,

Can't say I've seen prices this low before. Circuit City has the 2gb card for $14.99 after rebates ($99 - $30 instant - $55 rebate)

link is here
    seawolf66-

• JWilbur26JWilbur26 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    Good to know. Just picked mine up.

www.sunshinestatephotography.com

"There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who can count, and those who can't" :scratch
    ~Anonymous

Please feel free to edit my images...I can only learn from it.
  • jbswearjbswear Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2007
    photobug wrote:
    Adorama doesn't have them in stock, but will accept orders (https://www.adorama.com/KGCF4GE.html?sid=1168450942696348). Shipping to CA for 2 of 'em was $8.75.

B&H is out of stock and won't accept an order until they're back in stock. Too bad, because I could have gotten free shipping from B&H (NAPP membership benefit).

Just ordered two from the site above. $135 is a bit painful right now, but when I get that $100 back, well, let's just say it's a bit more palatable.

Thanks for the hook up!

clap.gif
    Semper fi,
    Brad
    www.facebook.com/SwearingenTurnings -- Hand made pens by yours truly
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2007
    DEAL: MEMORY, all cards (CF, SD, etc)
    TRANSCEND 8GB 120X FOR 87.99 + 4.99 S/H FROM NEW EGG .... I have 2 of these that I use daily and they for me been every bit as reliable as my 2 Lexar Pro 2gb cards
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    Thanks Art. I have been looking for some larger cards for my D200. Will try a couple out. I always value your opinion.
  • SnarcherSnarcher Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    my D50 says it can only take up to 2 gig cards.. whats up
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    TRANSCEND 8GB 120X FOR 87.99 + 4.99 S/H FROM NEW EGG .... I have 2 of these that I use daily and they for me been every bit as reliable as my 2 Lexar Pro 2gb cards

Just want to mention that this is a CF card (so folks don't have to follow the link if they're looking for something else).
    edited February 15, 2007
    If limited to 2GB, it's a "FAT-16 only" camera
    Snarcher wrote:
    my D50 says it can only take up to 2 gig cards.. whats up
    If that's true, that means the D50 only supports the older FAT-16 filesystem. FAT-16 can only address up to 2^31 bytes (2 GB). Don't bother buying cards over 2GB, because the D50 will only be able to read/write the first 2GB on the card :-(.

That's a little surprising, though, because I thought virtually all 6mp-and-up cameras supported the FAT-32 filesystem now. FAT-32 allows addressing all the data on all current flash cards, and pretty much all foreseeable sizes for years to come.

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    Newegg memory card deals
    Here is a link to NEW EGG for great DEAL on TRANSCEND SD CARD DEALS ......

Sorry I left the SD users out of my DEAL SEARCH.....
    the really inexpensive cards ($20 and under) are approx 50X I do believe.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 15, 2007
    Art, I merged your two threads. No need for multiples, i think the new title says it all. thanks.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited February 16, 2007
    DEAL: memory cards (CF, SD, etc)
    Kingston CF Cards Special

The Kingston C.F. card 4 gig @ 45x speed, is still on special at Adorama.com final cost 29.95 after rebateclap.gifclap.gif
    seawolf66-

• YeniarYeniar Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 17, 2007
    I see a different price
    Have you got a url for that deal? The only one that I'm seeing is $39.95 after rebate.

Thanks,

~yeniaR
    seawolf66 wrote:
    The Kingston C.F. card 4 gig @ 45x speed, is still on special at Adorama.com final cost 29.95 after rebateclap.gifclap.gif
    edited February 19, 2007
    Sorry about that but it was a short supply deal what they had left thats all all new stock 10bucks higher:: sorry

Yeniar wrote:
    Have you got a url for that deal? The only one that I'm seeing is $39.95 after rebate.

Thanks,

~yeniaR
    seawolf66-

• matt.olsonmatt.olson Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2007
    Yeniar wrote:

Thanks,

~yeniaR

Here it says 29.95 after rebate.

http://www.adorama.com/KGCF4GE.html
  • TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    DEAL: BIG sale on CF cards at J&R
    Check out http://www.jandr.com for BIG price drops on SanDisk and other brand CF cards. I just picked up an 8GB ExtremeIII for $160 incl tax and ship.

EDIT: just realized I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry mods. :flush
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • esc2476esc2476 Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Nice. Thanks for the heads up.
  • kenken Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Terrence wrote:
    Check out http://www.jandr.com for BIG price drops on SanDisk and other brand CF cards. I just picked up an 8GB ExtremeIII for $160 incl tax and ship.

EDIT: just realized I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry mods. :flush

Good price, but http://www.resellerratings.com/store/J_R_Computers
    Life is too important to take seriously, no one gets out of it alive.
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    I don't know about resellerratings.com, but I have purchased from J & R and haven't had problems. The one problems with places like resellerratings.com is that most of the people who post at those places are people who were unhappy. So it skews the rating towards bad, since 90% of the people who were happy will never post at these rating places.

Just a thought.